Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I don't post much here on Passion anymore, but hopefully many of you have heard of the annual AZ Spring Fling gathering. For the past 7 years, AZ mtn bikers have gathered together to lead organized rides on some of the best trails that AZ has to offer. Sometimes we even throw a party or two... While some of you are still in the grips of winter, AZ will (hopefully) be warm and sunny with wildflowers in full bloom. Even if we do have some wet weather, it NEVER rains more than 2 days in a row. So, block out your vacation days and book a flight! Detailed info can be found by joining the new Yahoo Group AZSF07 (see below).

See you in March!!
DurtGurl

The MTBR Arizona Spring Fling Gathering (AZSF07) is just around the corner on March 15th thru March 18th. The Spring Fling is an informal gathering of mountain bikers from the US and beyond. This will be the 8th official Spring Fling gathering. For a history of the Fling, check out: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=247024

We have a strong group of dedicated locals who are excited to show our out-of-state (and in-state!) guests the best that AZ has to offer. Perhaps you are local who hasn't met the MTBR crowd... all are invited!! We hope to accomodate all levels of riding from the advanced beginner to the advanced expert. Please note that true begininers will find our trails difficult to say the least. Format of the gathering will be similar to previous years with official rides on Thurs-Sun and parties thrown in here and there:

Pre-fling ride on Wed: Mesa, Hawes/Red Mtn
Thurs: Tucson, Milagrosa etc
Friday: Phoenix, South Mountain rides
Saturday: Sedona
Sunday: TBD but likely to have several rides offered in Phoenix and Prescott

To keep up with all the happenings, I urge all to join the Yahoo groups list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AZSF07
To subscribe, send an e-mail to: [email protected]

I will be adding files with detailed information on the AZSF07 Yahoo Groups site, including meeting places and locations, maps, etc. Information will be updated frequently so you'll need to check back often, especially closer to the date.

Kathleen, your AZSF07 coordinator

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
it NEVER rains more than 2 days in a row

Oh boy, theres the jinx! I would love to came down there this year. Been visiting these boards since 98 And have yet to make one of these gatherings. Maybe I could get a few Vegas peeps together to come down with me:)

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redmon said:
it NEVER rains more than 2 days in a row

Oh boy, theres the jinx! I would love to came down there this year. Been visiting these boards since 98 And have yet to make one of these gatherings. Maybe I could get a few Vegas peeps together to come down with me:)
Come on down! It's just a short drive for you, opposite to what we phx folks do when going to Bootleg.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Joined the Yahoo group. Looks like were going to finally make it down there this year!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Remenber me?

Charlie America and I met at the first Spring Fling and were there last time at the second one. Don't post much anymore either.

The family grew a bit since and we were just talking about taking a vacation to Sedona. Decided to visit see if any old friends are still around and maybe wanted to join us there. Unfortunately we can't during that week since we have one of the kids in school, but were thinking July.

Would love to go back to a Spring Fling event... I miss you all my old friends.

Tt.

·
AZ MTBR
318 Posts
Hi Annie

Annie we rode together some yrs back in Sedona. I was with Charlene. We rode
with you and Charlie. Had a great time. If you come to visit this summer let me
know and maybe we can ride together again.

Later,
Johnny K

·
Olde Phartette
114 Posts
Hi Annie!

I have many fond memories of that Spring Fling where I met you and Charlie and so many other MTBR posters. It was a fun gathering!

Nice to hear you and Charlie are doing good and have some little cyclist in training, lol.

Tell Charlie hello for me.

Kate

·
Registered
68 Posts
I highly encourage anyone and everyone to go. I don't post much anymore either, but I went two years in a row (2000, 2001 i think) and had a blast both times. Heidi and Olaf had a party at their house. I'd go this year, but i'm a broke grad student. If Pete is still around, he should post the movie of that kid who ate it on the Waterfall. Man that looked painful.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Kathleen,

I was at the 03 spring fling and had a great time out there; riding, drinking and having a very good time. I really liked telegraph, mormon and national trails. We'll be bring about 8-12 people out there this year and we are looking forward to yet another great time out there on these awesome trails.

Have you thought about X-posting a sticky note to the SOCAL board?

See you in AZ.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
AZ Mikey said:
Attention Fling attendees.

It's going to be hot in Phoenix next week/weekend, so start hydrating now. Bring sunscreen. Here's the long range forecast from Intellicast.
Dammit man! From low 70's to 90's just like that. Oh well, hopefully as a seasoned desert person it wont bother me too much:)

Shawn

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had such a great time at the party at Heidi and Olaf's....the Raging Germans.
Damn- 6 years ago? Spring Fling 2001?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.