Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else find themselves spending more time on mtbr and looking at mtb stuff than actually doing their work at your job.

I find myself rushing to get my work done so i can look for some new clipless pedals or post about a new chain. I constantly am looking over my shoulder to make sure the boss isnt around. I must have this mtb thing pretty bad.

Oh yeah im at work right now....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
I rather be cycling...
309 Posts
damn... today i got my feedback review for january - june...

i got everything fine, except my team leader told me that I waste a lot of time in the internet

(on mtbr) and that this affected my overall results... (no problem since I achieved all productivity goals... ) :D

·
Killer b.
1,523 Posts
Yeah, watchmaker (or horologist if you will). Dunno what Tourneau means. Working in a small jewelery shop. Most of my day involves sitting around waiting for people to turn up for a battery change. Any bigger job like a watch or clock overhaul goes home where my workshop takes up the entire garage.
The old laptop comes in really handy for keeping boredom at bay. The manager has his lap top set up on the other end of the workbench.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
mtymxdh said:
damn... today i got my feedback review for january - june...
i got everything fine, except my team leader told me that I waste a lot of time in the internet
lemme help you out with that. ;)

Copy any text you want to read and paste it into your email program. That way it looks like you're reading work related email!
:lol:

If I'm going to reply to a post, I usually write it in email format then past it into MTBR, which has been minimized the whole time.
:crazy:

RSS feeds are a good way of keeping up on interesting threads :thumbsup:

Make sure to turn off email notification so your inbox isn't full with MTBR stuff.
:nono:

Oh yeah, use a pop-up blocker to block all the ads, that way it least MTBR looks a little more professional.
:skep:

Using these techniques, I've been able to minimize my viewing time to what's required for viewing pictures and placing emoticons.
:ciappa:

Hope that helps. By the way, if you get bored on MTBR at work, you can always work on your resume.
:prft:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Cool, Tourneau is one of if not the biggest watch retailers in the USA. I saw a set up at one of their locations that looked just like yours so I thought maybe you worked for them.

·
Killer b.
1,523 Posts
jfkbike2 said:
Cool, Tourneau is one of if not the biggest watch retailers in the USA. I saw a set up at one of their locations that looked just like yours so I thought maybe you worked for them.
Ah, that would be why. I'm in New Zealand.
What the hell, since I have nothing better to do, here is a shot of my home shop: Ok, make that two shots, since I couldn't find one that shows it all.
First is my proper watch repair bench.
Second is a view of most of the rest of it, but not including the clock assembly bench. Close observation will show up some tower clock slave movements on test.

Oh , and just to keep people happy about bike content, my bike and my wife's bike are leaning on the door behind all that mess.
More pics on www.clockmaker.co.nz

Attachments

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
i don't know where to start...

...well back when I was in the service I spent oodles of time on MTBR.

At the current job they can watch us if they want from the IT company corporate contracts with.

Anyway I am much too busy monitoring my 450 worker bees and 25 managers to just idly surf all that much. When I do it is more in the line of planning vacation or shopping for something or reading the headlines---all that I could tie in to work--biking--maybe a couple times a year if there is an event I want corporate to sponsor me .

Luckily I am never tied to the desk--I can be in my company provided auto and work from the blackberry when I just dont want to idly sit at the desk--

--not that there's not ALWAYS something productive to do.

I guess it depends on everyone's job level.

Mine is too high to actually have idle fun for a good part of the day--yet I'd need to win the lotto to do any better.

sigh-I'm stuck.

Not that I'm complaining--it's the good life.

Ok ya'all reading this at work--go do something instead of just meeting your bosses' goals.

BTW I know we all had this very same discussion just mere months ago.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I fired the last Recumbent Enthusiast who worked for me. They can't be trusted.

FM said:
lemme help you out with that. ;)

Copy any text you want to read and paste it into your email program. That way it looks like you're reading work related email!
:lol:

If I'm going to reply to a post, I usually write it in email format then past it into MTBR, which has been minimized the whole time.
:crazy:

RSS feeds are a good way of keeping up on interesting threads :thumbsup:

Make sure to turn off email notification so your inbox isn't full with MTBR stuff.
:nono:

Oh yeah, use a pop-up blocker to block all the ads, that way it least MTBR looks a little more professional.
:skep:

Using these techniques, I've been able to minimize my viewing time to what's required for viewing pictures and placing emoticons.
:ciappa:

Hope that helps. By the way, if you get bored on MTBR at work, you can always work on your resume.
:prft:

·
Registered
118 Posts
im reading it at work right now. and i dont care if the bosses know it. Im putting in my 2 weeks tomorrow as it is. plus its 2:20am EST right now, what else am i going to be doing?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I read at work. I'm also the boss. Aside from dealing directly with the bureaucracies and making sure everything is paid up working for yourself is totally :thumbsup:

My employees can read mtbr all they want too. Just as long as they get it done before the deadlines, I could care less if they're standing on their heads!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.