·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
mtbbill said:
Was that Real TV or Sports Disasters? The reason I ask is that I licensed the footage for the Sports Disasters show but not Real TV.

-Bill
Now that you mention it, it was Sports Disasters. Don't recall the channel, was it aired on Discovery Health, TLC, Discovery or Spike?

How bad was that fall, looked pretty bad on TV.

·
here today
5,926 Posts
Chad-WL said:
Todd's my hero for trying to ride that..

The fact that he was able to even look at a bike after that is amazing.

Cheers!
Hell! I had thet link sent to me by non MTB friends - it's world famous - raised my hair! Todd is one lucky guy!

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
So CA dessert

it's a place known as Carrizo Gorge well east of San Diego.

other than the site of the crash, the ride is pretty tame in that it just follows some previously abandoned but now active train tracks. the site of the crash is actually an old mule trail that was used during construction of one of the many tunnels on the tracks. this particular tunnel had caved in some years ago so hikers and bikers just used the old trail to bypass the cave in.

the trains are back running now though so no more riding.

as far as a ride goes, it was pretty tame and boring. the ride was done not for the typical rush but because the scenery is out of this world out there. it's the kind of ride you'd do once in a while just to do somethign different but it really wouldn't be on my must ride before I die lists.

YR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.