Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MTB WNC Anniversary Redesign

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  cmweldon 
#1 ·
Howdy all,

I'm the webmaster for MTB WNC, or mtbikewnc.com, and I was wanting to get everyone's input before I do a complete site redesign I'm doing in anticipation of the site's 10th anniversary next year. Everything will be reviewed - site design, trail data, photos, best rides, etc. Is there anything you'd like to see done? Any places you'd like to see reviewed? Any features you'd like to see? New maps? Do you like interactive features? What would be neat to have? What types of information can be improved? I'd like to make the site as useful as possible for as many people as possible and I need your help!

Thanks for your input. Hope you like the new design when it comes out! (It'll only be slightly different on the front side at first, really...unless I get some great suggestions...but much easier for me to expand and update!).

Sincerely,

Jordan M.
Asheville, NC

#3 ·
Jordan

Love your site, and as MUM said your site is recommended quite often to people who chime in here, coming to the area and requiring trail info...

i dig the interactive maps would like to see more of that... cool to have a map that also has photo links to that section of trail/ overlook / waterfall etc. very cool!

like to see more trail info for the Coleman Boundary and Wilsons areas

cant wait to see the updated site. keep up the good work my friend.:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I've used your site on all my trips to NC (from FL). It is a great resource :thumbsup: The ride descriptions are great. I would like to see more long, all day rides listed, although that is easily done following the NG map. Another thing I would like to see is vertical profiles of the rides. :D

#5 ·
Super Site!

The site is super! I used it as a neophyte 6 years ago and still use it. I love the Best Ride section and the detailed maps and photos.

More is usually better, so including the trails in the Grandfather District of Pisgah would be a welcome addition. This would include Heartbreak Ridge, Kitsuma and the Wilson Creek area.

A repeating thread on this forum is places to find good food and drink. A section on the best places for refueling after a day on the trails would be a good addition.

Great to hear that you are working to improve an already super site.

#7 ·
Yup, your site rocks. I am moving to Boone in about 2 weeks. I visit your site and drool over the photos. Cant wait to get up there.

However, I too would like to see more on Grandfather district.
What about grouping rides in relation to campgrounds/hotels? Stay here and you can hit the following trails all within 5 miles of this camping area.

Anyway, hard to improve on your site. Keep up the good work.
Dan

#8 ·
more more more! the site is great. I suggest more of the same. More routes. more long rides. more short rides. more maps. more pics. more bent creek, more tasli, more dupont, more pisgah more reasources like food, places to stay, local bike shops, etc...

While I have the chance let me say, Thanks for what you've done. It's great!

#11 ·
Wow, you do exist!! (ramble warning!!!)

Jordan, i moved here knowing nobody and just getting into mountain biking. I used your site as my guidebook. You having trails organized by difficulty was exactly what I needed. But I agree with others, more, more, more. Your descriptions are great and pretty easy to follow which is what makes up a lot of the site's best rides section's appeal. Can you have links to Jeremy's and vice versa, I'm sick of recommending both sites. Also, Pisgah Area Sorba? I may have missed it. More fish hatchery loops. Turkey Pen too. More of your long rides. Not really epics but there are so many longish loops that nobody really does and how to piece the best of those together. I like all the links to pics in your ride descriptions, please keep that up. More dupont! The only reference I had at dupont was your description and I just assumed the rest wasn't worth it. Fontana? Elevation profiles?

That's all I have. But, Thanks so much for such a great site. Please keep up the good work.

Corey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.