Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where is this?
Hint: In the first pic, note the parking lot in the bottom, center of the pic
Hint: In the first pic, note the mountain top ADF Station in the top, center of the pic
Hint: If you still haven't figured it out the second pic is zoomed in on something you will definately recognize if you've been there!

I think I can see trails zig-zagging all through the area.

I just downloaded Google Earth. Wow! I did the normal stuff like zoom in on my house, the local trails, my office, and other places of interest. I wasn't able to zoom in on the Hooters Girls on Blacks Beach in La Jolla, but think I can make out my white car in my black driveway.

Check out the tilt effect. You can tilt the pic to a nearly flat angle.

Post other trails that can be seen from Space. My local trails can't be seen due to tree cover...

Attachments

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
long sigh....

yet again, unless something has very recently changed, google earth is NOT live, but based on imagery taken whenever--some areas obviously more updated than others. So unless your car just happened to be in your drive way when the image was made, i doubt if you are making out your car.

Cucucachu said:
....but think I can make out my white car in my black driveway.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ArmySlowRdr said:
yet again, unless something has very recently changed, google earth is NOT live, but based on imagery taken whenever--some areas obviously more updated than others. So unless your car just happened to be in your drive way when the image was made, i doubt if you are making out your car.
Agreed...it just so happend to be in the driveway...my current car is green

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ArmySlowRdr said:
Come on Pete,

Lets see some HI pics...Mana Road may not been on yer island but can it be seen from space?

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
well I checked out Aeia Heights neighborhood---but really, I cant see the loop trail.
no wait--this is it--i recognize the black top area that appears after climbing out ta the last part of the trail:

Cucucachu said:
Come on Pete,

Lets see some HI pics...Mana Road may not been on yer island but can it be seen from space?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,613 Posts
Cucucachu said:
Check out the tilt effect. You can tilt the pic to a nearly flat angle.
Whoa, I'd never played with the tilt effect before! Using it I just pretended to fly an airplane across the country. Total flight simulator! I'm going to fly overses now. Great, a new way to waste a ton of time. Thanks.

·
I throw poo
430 Posts
Nat said:
Whoa, I'd never played with the tilt effect before! Using it I just pretended to fly an airplane across the country. Total flight simulator! I'm going to fly overses now. Great, a new way to waste a ton of time. Thanks.
That's just great, like I wasn't wasting enough time already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.