Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
726 Posts
Sounds like fun man. I subscribed to this thread so I'll remember to keep checking for your future posts.

I remember reading your Ididaride blog last year about your flat tire and stuff. Are you going to do it this year? I will be there for my first one.

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
726 Posts
I just read again and saw that I have to email you for more info b/c it's super secret. If I do can you at least give me a date and location? I'm in a band that plays out frequently and I'm in college so I can't commit without knowing when and where it will be :(

·
n3rd
253 Posts
I think he just wants to keep it random and not have people approaching it like a lot of other races.. ie pre-riding and etc.

I'm 90% in on this so if anyone is looking for a mostly back of packer ss'er as a partner shoot me a PM / comment on blog / email / message in a bottle / carrier pigeon / tin can phone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sun Burn said:
I just read again and saw that I have to email you for more info b/c it's super secret. If I do can you at least give me a date and location? I'm in a band that plays out frequently and I'm in college so I can't commit without knowing when and where it will be :(
I believe I did reply to you if you have emailed me.

Hope that helps.

I Guarantee it will be FUN and it will be GRUELING. That last word was actually a huge hint!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sun Burn said:
Sounds like fun man. I subscribed to this thread so I'll remember to keep checking for your future posts.

I remember reading your Ididaride blog last year about your flat tire and stuff. Are you going to do it this year? I will be there for my first one.
Awesome. I am sorry to say I am missing the ride this year, but I am doing Felasco next weekend.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FloridaFish said:
sounds interesting, but I don't get the secrecy part. Anyone know where this guy is from??

"Late Edit: The location will be one of the major MTB parks in our area" ????

on a somewhat related note, how 'bout a 118 mile race?
http://www.lakeosurvivorseries.com/

or you could run it.
http://lost118mile-endurancerun.com/
Email me I will be glad to explain the secrecy aspect.
has alot more to do with politics.
Plus it is a free race afterall there is no money motivation here.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
naked indian said:
Email me I will be glad to explain the secrecy aspect.
has alot more to do with politics.
Plus it is a free race afterall there is no money motivation here.
ok, i think i understand.

btw, just went back and re-read your L.O.S.T. post again. especially like the comment about your shadow. I had similar musings about my dark half when I did that ride...........the mind definitely wanders.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FloridaFish said:
ok, i think i understand.

btw, just went back and re-read your L.O.S.T. post again. especially like the comment about your shadow. I had similar musings about my dark half when I did that ride...........the mind definitely wanders.
I remember a thread and you guys getting directed to my blog and I even remember you doing a write up on it.

If I remember right you blazed that thing up and rode it super fast. Seems like you got the strength for this event. GEt a partner and jump on in.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
naked indian said:
I remember a thread and you guys getting directed to my blog and I even remember you doing a write up on it.

If I remember right you blazed that thing up and rode it super fast. Seems like you got the strength for this event. GEt a partner and jump on in.
hmmm, if 11.5 hours total is fast then okay (i took ~3.5 hrs of rest/photo ops).

not sure if I'm the adventure race type, all I can focus on is the running..............i ain't built for running, that's why i ride a bike. If it's a partner relay then maybe. I'll send an email and stop asking so many questions.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FloridaFish said:
hmmm, if 11.5 hours total is fast then okay (i took ~3.5 hrs of rest/photo ops).

not sure if I'm the adventure race type, all I can focus on is the running..............i ain't built for running, that's why i ride a bike. If it's a partner relay then maybe. I'll send an email and stop asking so many questions.
This is an all bike race, no running, no Kayaking... The adventure is in the format, the navigating, the destination and the special task.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.