Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am currently wearing my nikes to ride, only problem they are getting thrashed.

what would be a good shoe for flat pedals, here’s the rub, I wear a size 16.

all info and advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was going to say get some Five Tens, but your foot size seems to prohibit that.

Where's the love for paddle footed mountain bikers?

I will suggest checking out pedal innovations and their big flats. Love mine and the midfoot pedal placement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
google search something like "mountain bike flat pedal shoe". There you will find many options for a dedicated shoe for us flat pedal users. :)
In size 16?

Addidas own Five Ten and they have been applying Stealth rubber to some of their hiking shoes lately. See if anything in the Terrex line will fit you.

If not, Vans won't last a while lot longer but if they have something in your size, the ride experience might be better.

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
I went to college with a guy that had size 16 or 17 shoes. We called him spatula foot. Anyhow, yeah, the thing about shoes getting torn up by flat pedals, that's going to happen. As suggested, maybe look at Vans or some of the Adidas shoes that have stealth rubber. They may last longer than some of the shoes a lot of people seem to be wearing today, but they're still going to show massive amounts of wear in the areas where the pedal pins contact them.

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
They may last longer than some of the shoes a lot of people seem to be wearing today, but they're still going to show massive amounts of wear in the areas where the pedal pins contact them.
True, but the Stealth rubber lasts MUCH longer than most soles. I have some Impacts that I have been riding for about a year. Barely a nick on the soles. I had some Giro Jackets before that. Those were trashed after half a dozen rides. The pedal pins went through the soles like butter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.