Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've never made it Bluff Creek, but I love RHR. Boomer and the guys have done a great job adding and maintaining the trails over the past year or so.

The burgers at the Saloon are hard to beat as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
string said:
I've never made it Bluff Creek, but I love RHR. Boomer and the guys have done a great job adding and maintaining the trails over the past year or so.

The burgers at the Saloon are hard to beat as well.
Good call on the Saloon burgers. They do home-made burgers at Bluff Creek as well (by home-made, I mean they raise the cows on the ranch themselves). Tasty. You should definitely try to make it out there some time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heads up on the burgers and beer...
The soloon may not be open. Was there this weekned (6/25) and there was a sign on the door that said " Due to unavoidable circumstances the Soloon will be closed till 6/5/06". (<-- reading between the lines... lease trouble)

However we did find a compairable place in Bastrop. It's called The Roadhouse and its off of 21 just before you get to Bastrop as you are coming from Smithville.

·
Registered
413 Posts
XC Dawg said:
Good call on RHR........especially since Warda closed last week, they had some land lease issues, they have since reopened but have lost about half their trails
Whoa! Which sections of the trail did they lose? I was last there on June 25th. This happened since then?

Jim, glad you got a chance to ride and had a good time. RHR is a lot of fun and a great workout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.