Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

281 - 300 of 305 Posts

·
Your bike sucks
2,193 Posts
I think in even the most generous reading of that incident - there is nothing that warrants stabbing someone "in fear of your life".

at best: "got into a tussle I didn't want to have so I stabbed someone"

·
Registered
16,017 Posts
MULTIPLE INJURIES One of the other women who was hiking with Traphagen took a video of the incident, which appears to show the victim attempting to stand up while his helmet is being grabbed by the other woman, court records state.
It's good that there's video documentation.

The witness who was not with either party who came upon the incident said they wanted to perform first aid on the biker, but didn’t feel it was safe due to “the aggressive behavior” coming from Traphagen and one of the women he was with, the court records state.
Ooof. It's good that there was at least one impartial witnesses too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's good that there's video documentation.

Ooof. It's good that there was at least one impartial witnesses too.
I saw the original post on ND. Along with a guy that came upon the incident a few minutes latter. His story casted a very bad light on the hiker post attitudes. In the forum Dake told him that he didn't see the incident and came on After the fact. This man stated that the biker asked for them to call 911 for medical help. Hikers said only if you fall over and can't make it back to the trail head. I did understand that they did make a callb4 his request. After hearing a lot of different local stories. I feel things are coming together.
I agree on the vid. I do not think it included the original physical confrontation.
There were 4 hikers. One of which is Dakes wife. I would assume she was the one that also got physical w the biker. 1 of the other ladies/hiker made a post on ND that seemed to agree with Dakes original story... But never heard anything from the 4th hiker. I assume she may have a different view of things. Possible not in agreement with her other hiking friends.
Again as so many of you have posted... This could have been totally avoided...just with a little consideration for one another.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,394 Posts
Unlike the alleged victim, he remained at the scene and cooperated with law enforcement,” Traphagen’s defense attorney, Angela Anderson, said in a prepared statement sent to The Bellingham Herald.
So he fails the alleged victim not to stay put?
That is pretty rich considering that he just stabbed the guy.

Reactions: Nat and Carl Mega

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,282 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of fragile elders who never learned their manners. Shame on all involved.

Trail rage is real! I bet that's the last time this dude on the bike claims to have right of way to hikers...

:alien:

·
Cycologist
7,571 Posts
Yeah, I think manic with a knife has right of way 100% of the time.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,282 Posts
Any word o if the rider had any GoPro footage? Everyone’s recoding these days
:alien:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a Neighborhood App.
Funny enough before this took place just a week prior some lady wrote on the app about her kids on horseback were thrown when a downhill biker came down and did not yeild. Dake himself chimed in and jumped on the anti mtb bandwagon. A local quickly pointed that out to everyone in hopes that this would be brought up in Court

·
No known cure
4,262 Posts
It's not hard to be polite and friendly on the trail. I do my best to be an ambassador to mountain biking when encountering other trail users. In 36 years of riding, I've never had an issue. There was once a lady on a horse with a condescending tone but I said "Have a nice day" with a smile and continued my climb.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I saw the original post on ND. Along with a guy that came upon the incident a few minutes latter. His story casted a very bad light on the hiker post attitudes. In the forum Dake told him that he didn't see the incident and came on After the fact. This man stated that the biker asked for them to call 911 for medical help. Hikers said only if you fall over and can't make it back to the trail head. I did understand that they did make a callb4 his request. After hearing a lot of different local stories. I feel things are coming together.
I agree on the vid. I do not think it included the original physical confrontation.
There were 4 hikers. One of which is Dakes wife. I would assume she was the one that also got physical w the biker. 1 of the other ladies/hiker made a post on ND that seemed to agree with Dakes original story... But never heard anything from the 4th hiker. I assume she may have a different view of things. Possible not in agreement with her other hiking friends.
Again as so many of you have posted... This could have been totally avoided...just with a little consideration for one another.
Well, probably every war thru history could have been avoided...just with a little consideration for one another.
That, sadly, is just not who we are.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,773 Posts
Reactions: Nat

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,773 Posts
It's not hard to be polite and friendly on the trail. I do my best to be an ambassador to mountain biking when encountering other trail users. In 36 years of riding, I've never had an issue. There was once a lady on a horse with a condescending tone but I said "Have a nice day" with a smile and continued my climb.
That b*tch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The cyclist was trying to go uphill while the hikers were trying to go down and the cyclists ask them to move???? He could have just waited until the group passed..
Seems kinda impatient to me.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,394 Posts
Well, probably every war thru history could have been avoided...just with a little consideration for one another.
That, sadly, is just not who we are.
That, sadly, is just what we choose to be.
Blaming whatever or whoever for our own behavior is just not taking responsibility for our own actions.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The cyclist was trying to go uphill while the hikers were trying to go down and the cyclists ask them to move???? He could have just waited until the group passed..
Seems kinda impatient to me.
I agree and it's perfectly reasonable to stab someone multiple times over this mundane right of way dispute.

Tigger warning that I'm being sarcastic. I felt like I made that obvious but ya never know what someone might try to stab you for.

281 - 300 of 305 Posts