Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new place to live. I'm a chef and can get a job just about anywhere that has restaurants. I've heard so many good things about Austin. I was just wondering what the race scene is like. I don't mind driving a couple of hours to get to a race either. Is there a series with a website maybe? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
531 Posts
dominicrules! said:
Gainesville, fl is much better. Plus, there are too many Bush people in Texas....ewwww, so scary beyond reason!
Travis county(Austin) was one of the few blue counties in TX. That being said we have no problem with people choosing another city to live as this place is growing to fast. You have no idea what you'd be missing. Jobs, nightlife, and 100 miles of single track in the city limits, Spring NORBA race series, fall NORBA race series, Marathon series, and 2 WCQ endurance races as well as a lot of fun grass roots stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mtc said:
Travis county(Austin) was one of the few blue counties in TX. That being said we have no problem with people choosing another city to live as this place is growing to fast. You have no idea what you'd be missing. Jobs, nightlife, and 100 miles of single track in the city limits, Spring NORBA race series, fall NORBA race series, Marathon series, and 2 WCQ endurance races as well as a lot of fun grass roots stuff.
LOL- Isn't Karen Hughes from Austin? Not that Florida is that much better in politics, there is Jeb Bush after all! Gainesville also was blue (university town, so no surprise). Don't get me wrong, I love Austin, my sister lives there and I have many friends there and in Round Rock. Beautiful place, very cool- I just want my best friend to move with me to Gainesville, not Austin because I will never see him!

·
Registered
531 Posts
dominicrules! said:
LOL- Isn't Karen Hughes from Austin? Not that Florida is that much better in politics, there is Jeb Bush after all! Gainesville also was blue (university town, so no surprise). Don't get me wrong, I love Austin, my sister lives there and I have many friends there and in Round Rock. Beautiful place, very cool- I just want my best friend to move with me to Gainesville, not Austin because I will never see him!
Well you already have the weather otherwise its nice to have friends in Austin. I have a couple CO friends that make extended trips here from Nov-Mar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.