Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an expat returning to Canada after 10 years in the US. Since I have lived in the US for more than 1 year I can return to Canada with almost any item tax and duty free (assuming I owned it for more than six months).

Other than a new bike what parts, accessories are typically more expensive in Canada than they are in the US. I know that I was shocked by the retail price of mtb tires the last time I was in Ottawa.

Thanks in advance for any responses...

Sadly this rule does not apply to the contents contained in my liquor cabinet...

·
Registered
396 Posts
The suppliers that sell to the bike shops in Canada really mark up the price. There is also import fees and all that since most of the companies are US companies. I have ordered online from a few bike shops and even with the duty fees it is an awesome deal.

·
Steady Creepin'
486 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Shimano stuff, Fox forks and any assembled high end wheels that are handled through 3rd party distributors.
As far as Shimano stuff goes, I wouldn't even order from the states, I'd look straight to the UK. I'm sorry to Canadian LBS's but if CRC can sell a full Ultegra SL group for $675 CAD with free shipping, that's just impossible to beat around here. I was thinking of ordering that group just to take advantage of the bargain, and I don't even own a road bike yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.