Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, do we really want to make a calendar for NorCal's MTBers? We need to get started now. If we don't get this together by the end of August, there's really no point in trying. I'm willing to do as much as possible, but I will need your input, suggestions for bike-related calendar dates (such as MBTB, Tours), votes for pics, and maybe birthdays. Ogre posted his poll thread and several of you said you'd be interested in contributing photos. The way I see it we need 12 pics (13 if we do a cover pic). Personally, I'd love to see a bunch of photos offered and everyone vote on their 12 favs. There are photos posted in Ogre's original thread that I think can be counted as starters. I know we have some great photos out there. How about it? JdT, FP, jorgemonkey, PhotoJohn...??

Fiona

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but I would buy several calenders, for home and work, with what has been shared above.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,904 Posts
Mine

Any proceeds from the calendar will go to something. Maybe we can vote on that too. Ideally I would just like to break even but it never seems to work that way.

Here's my contribution orginals are much higher resolution.

Moab: Porc Rim

Moab: Porc Rim

Cannell Plunge

Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Again

I dunno, there are plenty more, I'll put them together when I figure out how the heck we can vote on this :(

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,904 Posts
Proof that

Wherewolf said:
I've got about a 1,000 or so on my site, especially if you include race photos. But I'm pretty lazy. Feel free to browse. I'd suggest Tahoe for some of the best. And I have higher resolution of everything, which you will need for a calendar. OK a few:
... I need a better camera. Ok... photo skillz as well but as for now I'll just blame it on the camera.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd pick up a calendar or three from ya. I might have some photos worth contributing as well. I'll have to dig around and see what is worth posting. It looks like there will be plenty of photos to choose from.

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
How about a NorCAMBA benefit calendar?

Hey Fiona and everyone,

What would you think about any proceeds benefitting NorCAMBA? I'd be happy to put together a list of dates for notable events (full moons, major races, the Ales & Trails, etc) for 2007. Plus, I could use a calendar... or three.

Here's some shots from Demo trailwork off my hard drive. Maybe we could have one month dedicated to volunteering?

Patty

Tom, Gregg, Rumpfy and friends after towing tools some 7 miles in to help finish reroute on SawPit in Demo

Joe Da Trog and Jenny working on the Ridge Trail in Demo

Charles (back-pedal) towing tools up the Ridge Trail in Soquel Forest

Scott (goin'medium), Ed Orre of CDF, and Charles Jalgunas (back-pedal) finish the new teeter on Braille Trail in Demo

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,904 Posts
NorCAMBA

knobbyknees said:
Hey Fiona and everyone,

What would you think about any proceeds benefitting NorCAMBA? I'd be happy to put together a list of dates for notable events (full moons, major races, the Ales & Trails, etc) for 2007. Plus, I could use a calendar... or three.

Here's some shots from Demo trailwork off my hard drive. Maybe we could have one month dedicated to volunteering?

Patty
The idea was not to profit or have a fund raisor from this, just put something together to showcase NorCal trails that everyone on the board (maybe elsewhere?) could enjoy. I don't anticipate there will be much in the way of proceeds but I think donating to NorCAMBA is an excellent idea.

Regardless if you provide the dates we will put them on the Calendar. I also really like the idea of having at least one month dedicated to volunteering.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
My Pic

I offer this picture, one of the few that came out OK. jorgemonkey and wherewolf have so many good ones they should propose some more.

I'll buy a few calenders (especially if that by wherewolf of me at Fort Ord makes the cut ;) ). I prefer that the pictures be NorCal rides since we can get good pictures of other places in other ways.

Also, labeling the ride location would be good. This one is going down Rock House Ridge in Henry Coe, on one of my best rides ever.

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice!!!

BigLarry said:
I offer this picture, one of the few that came out OK. jorgemonkey and wherewolf have so many good ones they should propose some more.

I'll buy a few calenders (especially if that by wherewolf of me at Fort Ord makes the cut ;) ). I prefer that the pictures be NorCal rides since we can get good pictures of other places in other ways.

Also, labeling the ride location would be good. This one is going down Rock House Ridge in Henry Coe, on one of my best rides ever.

I like the idea of labeling the photos both with location and photographer. The idea is to show how great we have it in NorCal, so the NorCal only idea would probably be aq good idea also, but I don't think I'd make it mandatory.

Fiona

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Planning on posting poll on July 31.

I'm putting up all the pictures posted on this thread in a new thread/poll on Monday, July 31. Anyone who wants to submit a photo has until then to get them in this thread.

BigLarry's suggestion of labeling photos is a great one. Please include the info with your post.

Fiona

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.