Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am preparing to take a vacation near the Bangor Maine area and wanted to see where the good trails are. i purchased a book from trails.com and it lists a couple that look good within a couple hours drive, namely "camden state park" and "camden snow bowl". these seem like they will be great but i wanted to see if any of you locals out there know of more, thanks!

G

·
Back to the BOG!

First, why are you vacationing in Bangor?!?! Just Kidding. I live in Bangor and would be happy to show you some of the trails around here. Shoot me an email at indigosky23 (at) yahoo (dot) com , replacing the (at) with @ and the (dot) with .

Check out the latest Dirt Rag for the Adam Craig interview. He talks about the Bangor Bog. That's a common spot, or there are a lot of trails in and aroung the University of Maine in Orono (10 miles from Bangor). Of course you could ride the carriage trails in Acadia National Park, they are scenic & beautiful, but very tame.

There are group rides that leave from the Ski Rack on Monday and Wednesday nights (6pm). There is usually a fast group and a slow group, and they ride either the Bog or Orono/U Maine. You can reach the Ski Rack at 207.945.6474

1 - 3 of 3 Posts