Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The next installment of the MTB in the Moonlight is on Friday, 6/17/11.

Shannon from Baja Designs will be there with Strykr and Strykr Pro light systems to loan out! http://www.facebook.com/bajadesigns.bicycle

Who is in!?

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowell/EventsDetailPublishers.aspx?EventID=15320

Mountain Bike in the Moonlight - McDowell

McDowell Mountain Regional Park

The 2011 Schedule is available for this summer's Mountain Bike by the Moon Light summer night ride series. This is the only night ride in the Phoenix area organized by a land manager to get mountain bikers out during the hot summer months. Most of the rides will be on the Pemberton Trail which is not very technical; however, night riding will make it more difficult. Helmets and lights will be mandatory on this ride. Only lights designed for use with mountain bikes with at least a 3 hour power source are acceptable. All riders must sign in and out at the trailhead as they start and finish their ride. Everyone needs to be off the trail by 9:30 PM. This is not a guided ride. Volunteers will sweep the course to ensure all riders return safely. For more information call 480-471-0173. RIDERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO START THEIR RIDE AFTER 8pm.

Date: 6/17/2011
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Registration Required: No
Fee: $6 per vehicle park entry fee

Address:
16300 McDowell Mountain Park Drive
MMRP, AZ, AZ 85255

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am in! I am borrowing a good light from a buddy but maybe I should just check out the strykr! This sport sure is getting expensive:thumbsup:

Do you know about how many people usually turn out for this?

Looking forward to it.

Doug

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in! I am borrowing a good light from a buddy but maybe I should just check out the strykr! This sport sure is getting expensive:thumbsup:

Do you know about how many people usually turn out for this?

Looking forward to it.

Doug
They usually get 75-150 riders at these events and they are always a great time.

See you out there!

·
Registered
115 Posts
The wife and I will be there, We will also have some of my bike racks with us as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Lads and Lasses,

I am looking very forward to the ride this Friday. I plan on being on-site by no later than 6pm and start setting up. I plan on being ready to start loaning out Demo lights at around 7pm.

If you haven't done this ride it's a blast, you will rarely see this many riders rolling around out on the trail like you will with this ride, you can see the bike lights literally for miles. Another one of the cool aspects of the ride is that while there will be a large number of people out there it doesn't seem like it because everyone leaves the trail head at different times.

Like Marty was saying, the use of the Baja Designs Strykr and Baja Designs Strykr Pro demo lights is completely free, there is no rental fee or anything. I have a fair number of lights to loan out I have learned from past experience that "First come First Served" is the best method.

Our systems come with a Life Time Warranty on the light heads, all electronics, mounts, cords, etc. and a two year warranty on the battery. This is one of the best if not the best warranty in the business. Plus being out of San Diego we have the able to take of care you if the need should arise. If you'd like to check out the Strykr or Styrkr Pro in person head on down to Bicycle Ranch in Scottsdale (www.bicycleranch.com), they have a quite a few of these bright little beasts in stock for you to take a gander at.

Slippery Pig is usually out there with free food and drink as well, this is a great event, arguably my favorite series of night rides all year. If you have any questions or anything let me know.

Hope to see you out there!

Shannon Scott
www.BajaDesigns.com
[email protected]

·
Always a good day to ride
120 Posts
Hey Lads and Lasses,

I am looking very forward to the ride this Friday. I plan on being on-site by no later than 6pm and start setting up. I plan on being ready to start loaning out Demo lights at around 7pm.

If you haven't done this ride it's a blast, you will rarely see this many riders rolling around out on the trail like you will with this ride, you can see the bike lights literally for miles. Another one of the cool aspects of the ride is that while there will be a large number of people out there it doesn't seem like it because everyone leaves the trail head at different times.

Like Marty was saying, the use of the Baja Designs Strykr and Baja Designs Strykr Pro demo lights is completely free, there is no rental fee or anything. I have a fair number of lights to loan out I have learned from past experience that "First come First Served" is the best method.

Our systems come with a Life Time Warranty on the light heads, all electronics, mounts, cords, etc. and a two year warranty on the battery. This is one of the best if not the best warranty in the business. Plus being out of San Diego we have the able to take of care you if the need should arise. If you'd like to check out the Strykr or Styrkr Pro in person head on down to Bicycle Ranch in Scottsdale (www.bicycleranch.com), they have a quite a few of these bright little beasts in stock for you to take a gander at.

Slippery Pig is usually out there with free food and drink as well, this is a great event, arguably my favorite series of night rides all year. If you have any questions or anything let me know.

Hope to see you out there!

Shannon Scott
www.BajaDesigns.com
[email protected]
Thanks! We look forward to meeting you tomorrow and checking out those sweet lights. :thumbsup:

·
Blood, Sweat, and Gears
226 Posts
Is it required to have a helmet and bar light for tonight's ride or is just a bar light okay? Web site says bike lights but i just wanted to be sure. I have a Stryker Pro on my bars and it has been plenty of light so far but I am not quite as familiar with Pemberton having only ridden it a few times during the winter and spring in daylight.

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Is it required to have a helmet and bar light for tonight's ride or is just a bar light okay? Web site says bike lights but i just wanted to be sure. I have a Stryker Pro on my bars and it has been plenty of light so far but I am not quite as familiar with Pemberton having only ridden it a few times during the winter and spring in daylight.

It is not required to have both lights. I think what they meant is that you are required to wear a helmet. You are also required to have a light. If you are rocking a Strykr Pro, you will be good to go!

You can also demo a Strykr out there tonight if you like.

·
Blood, Sweat, and Gears
226 Posts
It is not required to have both lights. If you are rocking a Strykr Pro, you will be good to go!

You can also demo the a Strykr out there tonight if you like.
Awesome! Thanks Marty :thumbsup:

Reactions: mcoplea

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not gonna make it. Family is in town....

Have fun and be safe everyone :). Hopefully someone will take pictures this time.

·
Blood, Sweat, and Gears
226 Posts
Great time tonight! Good turnout, friendly folks and the weather was decent. Thanks to Patrick for waiting on my slow a$$

·
Registered
55 Posts
Future moonlight ride dates at MMP

Dang it!

So I missed this one due to a hockey game but it looks like the future dates for the Moonlight rides are;

• 7/9, 7/30, 8/12, 9/10, 9/24
Hopefully there will be lights to be loaned for these future dates. With a field of 75-150 riders, I wonder how many riders actually get to use the loaner lights. Anyone know?

I picked up an helmet mount Exposure Diablo Light late last year. It has a high-med-low setting with variable running time. I have to believe that would be satisfactory. Anyone else running one of these?

Last summer I was only able to get out for one night ride (I thought the sun would never set as I waited for darkness) on T100 in PMP and was really pleased with the power of the Diablo. I was able to ride eastward from the 40th street side down the chunky section towards Tatum as fast I would've during daylight hours.

OK Next time - I'm in!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was out there this morning and the I saw at least 4 dead mice looking things, the carnage from a nite ride. Maybe the mice should be notified that there will be a nite ride and they should consider an alternate route...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts