Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!:)
I'm looking for a new mtb for city (go to work), trails at weekend and long rides (not only asphalt) at holidays (I'll have to try to keep up with my boyfriend's GT tequesta!:D ), good frame, no need for disc brakes, with or without front suspension (can buy later), minimum shimano Alivio. I thought of Specialized Hardrock sport women's or Trek 4300 WSD, because local stores only had this 2 with women design (Portugal = less bike brands!) - what do you think of them? I'm waiting for them to arrive to the stores so I can ride them, here it's not easy to find them!:madmax:
My budget is +-600$ (=500€uros, it's what these 2 cost here!) What more wsd do you advice?

Would you change Acera for Alivio in the Specialized?

Well how do we know that we have that "geometry" which wsd were built for?? (You'll problably say "just ride them!")

In the other hand, someone in here sad not to stay locked to wsd (my boyfriend says the same!), but because I'm shorty (1,60m = 5,25ft? ) frame 13 fits better than 15, but not all brands have them...(GT, Specialized... have), it's a shame because I think men's are better equipped and I would have some more to choose!... (It's starting to come out some smoke from my head!!!:confused: )

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Hi welcome to the board. Please check out the sticky FAQ thread for answers to some of your questions. You should find some good information about what wsd is and is not, recommendations for small women, and more.

~formica

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.