Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at and researched a number of bikes (£1.5k - 2k), and finally come up with some advice... and would appreciate some advice.. (i may have overlooked some, so let me know)

I won't be racing but will do long distances and weekends in the peak district and snowdonia among other places, single track, and also use to commute to work on rough bridle ways / road from the sticks (8 miles).

Going uphill is also important, not to mention bombing back down :)

my short list is as follows (In Order of Pref so far):

Marin Mount Vision

Scott Genius MC20/30

Trek Fuel Ex 8/9

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the options,

Does anyone know which order to look at these in suiting to my preferances, What Moutain bike gave the Mount Vision Bike of the Year which makes it sounds very sweet!

Dawg may be a little heavy, superlight sounds good. will check out he orange 5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.