Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a shuttle service needed for riding Mt Wilson? I recently moved out to LA and have been looking for a service. I have not been able to get ahold of the folks over at mtwilsonmtbshuttle. I have yet to ride here but have a truck and would be willing to shuttle folks for a reasonable price. I would also like to find a way to get some riding in myself!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You don't have to use the shuttle, but they are the only one licensed to "shuttle" that area. You can self shuttle or have someone else drive you up and then pick you up wherever you choose to come out. In my experience, the guy that runs mtwilsonmtbshuttle is kind of a flake to be honest. Rarely returns calls, and when he does, it's the day before your scheduled shuttle. He actually called my buddy back the day of our shuttle after being called a week earlier.

·
I get knocked down...
293 Posts
^You really need a license to offer shuttle services? I have been thinking about offering a Santa Barbara area shuttle with a buddy so that we can get more rides in....

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
^You really need a license to offer shuttle services? I have been thinking about offering a Santa Barbara area shuttle with a buddy so that we can get more rides in....
Yes, if you're going to charge people to shuttle them, you need a license. Aside from wanting your money, they want to regulate the activity on the trail. Otherwise somebody could just get a full size bus and dump 200+ riders down from the Eaton Saddle. It would be a ****-show. Obviously you don't need a license to shuttle you friends and as long as you're not "advertising" shuttle services on the internet, the proper authorities would never know....until they do.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
In my experience, the guy that runs mtwilsonmtbshuttle is kind of a flake to be honest. Rarely returns calls, and when he does, it's the day before your scheduled shuttle. He actually called my buddy back the day of our shuttle after being called a week earlier.
I've never had that issue but always contact him well in advance. Chris is a former military fighter pilot and Mt Wilson shuttles is a "second job". He has been essentially shut down by the CA PUC since his business is regulated by them. He was hoping to be able to start back up in September but since I moved to AZ, I haven't had a need to contact him so I'm not sure if he got going again, was delayed by the authorities or said "F it" since his main software business took off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.