Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Superbowl Sunday, I shot this video on Mt Tam's Coastal Trail. The camera and mounts (chest and tripod adapter) were supplied to us (Bikeskills) by GoPro's Travis Pynn. The important things about the video are: 1) I simply opened up the boxes, did not have any experience with the cameras or mounts 2) there was no post editing and the editing was done in Msoft's free Movie Maker, something I have virtuall no experience with 3) I am about as marginal as a rider as a I am videographer/editor.

The point I suppose is that if you do have no idea of what you are doing, more or less find a great place to ride, ski, surf, you too can come away with something that's not too bad and if nothing else, prove that what they say are the three most important things in real estate are true in point-of-view videos as well: location, location, location.

Here's the video:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, my first. If you watch it carefully you will see it's not that good (and certainly the rider isn't any good) but with the weather and the views, it was pretty hard to get it wrong. That and I kept moving "perspectives" around to keep the viewer from getting bored, realizing "hey, this guy can't ride" etc. And you'd be surprised at how easy/good Movie Maker or iMovie are. Good luck with your vids!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.