Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Opening weekend is in the books.

This Friday the 21st of June 2019 The Ski Park is having a trail work party.
https://www.facebook.com/events/655770554854937/

Schedule · Friday, June 21, 2019

8:00 AM - 9:45 AM Meeting

9:00 AM Free Ride (NO LIFT- Pedal to Play)

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Trail Work

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Free Ride

3:30 PM BBQ and Beverages

4:00 PM Live Music

6:00 PM Free Camping

This is a great chance to get up and personal with the trails before the race season gets kicked into full swing.

Hoping for a good turn out, they could use the help for sure!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no Friday practice before the full tilt enduro on Sat the 29th since the park isn't open, right?
Past experience has been that on Friday before a race the park has been available for racers to ride and inspect the courses, but the lifts were not in full use. Maybe a couple of hours and both lifts were not running at the same time.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Past experience has been that on Friday before a race the park has been available for racers to ride and inspect the courses, but the lifts were not in full use. Maybe a couple of hours and both lifts were not running at the same time.
Better than nothing! Per RaceCascadia "They're opening for racers, for Friday practice"

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
How burly are the tracks? Are there trail bike caliber options? I went to Northstar last fall with my 5010 and it was a joke. Wondering how Shasta compares.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
There are Shasta vids on YT - not gnar on a N* level which isn't very gnar in the first place. There are go-arounds for bigger drops (I only saw 1 ladder-drop thing that I believe they call a road-gap).

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
How burly are the tracks? Are there trail bike caliber options? I went to Northstar last fall with my 5010 and it was a joke. Wondering how Shasta compares.

When you say it's a joke... Do you mean everything is so blown out and rocky you can never get enough speed to ever need a real DH bike.

Or that everything is so blown out and rocky your trail bike felt overwhelmed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you say it's a joke... Do you mean everything is so blown out and rocky you can never get enough speed to ever need a real DH bike.

Or that everything is so blown out and rocky your trail bike felt overwhelmed.
My bike felt overwhelmed. I got down Gypsy just fine but the super rooty and rocky stuff I had to pick thru and wasn't all that fun. Felt like I could use way more travel. Half of the park was closed so I only experienced the gondola side. And I'm not experienced in bike parks so the big hucks are beyond my abilities. I'm looking for more moderate tracks and flow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My bike felt overwhelmed. I got down Gypsy just fine but the super rooty and rocky stuff I had to pick thru and wasn't all that fun. Felt like I could use way more travel. Half of the park was closed so I only experienced the gondola side. And I'm not experienced in bike parks so the big hucks are beyond my abilities. I'm looking for more moderate tracks and flow.

Mt shasta is a lot smaller than n*. Its really loose and not a lot of big drops or jumps. The beginner trail was surprisingly fun. If you like more trail and flow id get a shuttle at nearby gateway as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6/29 - 6/30 Weekend Event (pulled off the Ski Park Facebook page):

"As our friends at Race Cascadia said, don't get left in the DUST!

We are literally days away from from their opening race, happening at Mt. Shasta Ski Park!"

Friday 6/28 Practice
Saturday 6/29 Race Day!

Use promo code SEEYOUINSHASTA for $15 off registration: www.racecascadia.com/shasta Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle fork

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Another weekend is in the books. Big things are ahead this coming week at the Ski Park.
They will be running normal hours on Friday from 10-4 with the CES racing on Saturday July 13th.

The ski park needs some help for the event. They are offering lunch and a lift ticket or skip the lunch and get 2 winter tickets.

Anyone interested, please reach out to Skyler at [email protected].

Anyone who wants to race, registration ends on Monday at Midnight and with 340 registered, they are close to the field limit.

Super excited for the biggest mt bike event ever at the park!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Does anyone know the names of the trails that are going to be raced this weekend? It would be great to be able to watch some videos to get a lay of the land so I can make the most of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.