Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10.5 miles descent, 3 or 5 miles road burn afterwards. Great scenery, and a really fun flowy trail. Go get some.

Pangea was a nice place to eat lunch, and the waitress was sassy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Were you the guys on the Friday @2pm Yuba Expeditions shuttle? If so, I was on that shuttle with you.

This was my first time riding Mount Hough. Lots of fun (though less technical than I'd anticipated - it's a great 'last day, when you're already beaten up' ride).

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I agree! It's the perfect way to finish a long weekend in DVille. My hands could take another day of the rocks, and with Mt. Hough I didn't have to. Love that trail because of its polar opposite experience.

Were you the guys on the Friday @2pm Yuba Expeditions shuttle? If so, I was on that shuttle with you.

This was my first time riding Mount Hough. Lots of fun (though less technical than I'd anticipated - it's a great 'last day, when you're already beaten up' ride).

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Did they add a lollipop offshoot trail that had more features? Swore one of the Yuba drivers told me it would be open next year (which would be 2019).
Did Hough shuttle on Monday. Got an additional trail tour with a couple that are part of the Sierra Buttes movement. No pavement burn for us at all.😁 Pangea was awesome and had music from some of the locals. And yes our waitress was sassy too! Could've been us tho....🙄

·
Don't Tread on Me
983 Posts
I enjoyed Mt Hough but I would not go back. It needs some new and better built features. There are many trails close to home that are better. IMHO

I haven't been back for 2019 though.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Note for Davey, the shuttle shop sits right next to the airport, so one can fly in, ride and fly out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was on the 9:30 and 2:30 shuttles on Sat (July 20th) with shuttlemonkeys.com.
Berry Creek trail is a cool alternative for the bottom part on a 2nd lap! Significantly more technical than the standard route.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I was on the 9:30 and 2:30 shuttles on Sat (July 20th) with shuttlemonkeys.com.
Berry Creek trail is a cool alternative for the bottom part on a 2nd lap! Significantly more technical than the standard route.
There's about 3 seconds of tech on Berry Creek haha, rest is very similar to Hough. But it is nice to mix it up.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
I enjoyed Mt Hough but I would not go back. It needs some new and better built features. There are many trails close to home that are better. IMHO

I haven't been back for 2019 though.
Subjective. Not every trail system has to have "sketch-tech" features. Theres plenty of margin for error slapping into trees while ripping down them trails at mach speed! And yeah hitting Creekside(??) and Berry etc can add some excitement at the end of the main run down Hough. I'm jest sayin....

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
It may not be challenging or technical (try Mt Elwell if you want some of that) but the FUN factor is through the roof. I will probably never go back to DV without taking a day off and riding in Quincy.

G

·
It may not be challenging or technical (try Mt Elwell if you want some of that) but the FUN factor is through the roof. I will probably never go back to DV without taking a day off and riding in Quincy.
It's kind of funny, everyone has their preferred trails...but, I could never ride Quincy again and sleep just fine. Probably due to the fact that Quincy is hours away from my house...if I'm traveling that far, I would like more challenging trails. I rode Pinecrest 2 weeks ago, then I rode Santa Cruz last weekend...SC seemed kinda lame. When I'm up in the Downieville area, Lakes Basin is my go to area :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's kind of funny, everyone has their preferred trails...but, I could never ride Quincy again and sleep just fine. Probably due to the fact that Quincy is hours away from my house...if I'm traveling that far, I would like more challenging trails. I rode Pinecrest 2 weeks ago, then I rode Santa Cruz last weekend...SC seemed kinda lame. When I'm up in the Downieville area, Lakes Basin is my go to area :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.