Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to do a shuttle this weekend. I have most of Saturday to pedal and Sunday AM before 2p shuttle. Reco's on other trails up there?

Also looking to camp. I have a pop-up trailer so guerilla style is fine. I'm also fine to drive up a forest service road and camp unimproved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
The South Park trails at the base of Hough are fun. Basic XC trails, but Cascade along Spanish Creek was really beautiful. Mills Peak would be my top choice, although I don't know where the snowline is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Id call the shop to inquire.

In the 'too early downieville' thread, recent posts say its open. https://forums.mtbr.com/california-...ville-graeagle-conditions-2019-a-1101272.html

'In case anyone didn't already know Mills is also open. Still a few trees down in the upper couple miles and maybe a drift or 2 left. We cleared everything except that top section.'

...guess that doesnt mean shuttles are running though...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Definitely interested in finding out about guerrilla camp spots in that area too. Going up to Salem OR later this summer to pick up an off-road teardrop trailer and planning to work my way back slowly and hit the good spots.

G

·
Interesting. I checked the site today and says shuttles aren't running yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You can always climb up...it's not that far; I usually climb up the trails/fire roads on the Gold Lake Hwy side. Start at the Round Lake trailhead...or for a more challenging route, start at Packer Saddle and make your way thru Lakes Basin.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can always climb up...it's not that far; I usually climb up the trails/fire roads on the Gold Lake Hwy side. Start at the Round Lake trailhead...or for a more challenging route, start at Packer Saddle and make your way thru Lakes Basin.
Still a good bit of snow at the round lake trailhead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.