Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wonder if that’s where all the smoke in my area is coming from. It’s usually the California fires these days.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Crap. Hopefully they are able to save the structures.

Posted at Yuba net at 8 pm July 23rd.

“The Fly Fire reached nearly 2,800 acres and is expected to reach the peak of Mount Hough in the next 24 hours. Fire managers are assessing the structure protection needs of communities to the northeast of both the Fly and Dixie Fires.”

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks like the fire is moving away from Quincy (or they have a good line) but directly towards Crescent Mills and Taylorsville right now. Pretty much took out most of Mt Hough and actively burning at the top right now

I know it's ridiculous to care about a bike trail when people's homes are threatened, but just one more thing to be sad about :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yuba Expeditions recently posted a video of them evacuating their Quincy shop. Global warming sux.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,272 Posts
About 200,000 acres burned and 20% contained. This fire is going to wreak a lot more havoc before it's over. This definitely sucks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
such a bummer...obviously for the people of those towns first and foremost.
Mt Hough has some amazing trails...thanks SBTS!
Last time I was at the summit of Mt Hough is was the opposite of fire...snowing on us during Grinduro 2019! Great memories.

·
Ride On!
1,106 Posts
Found this update on the Chico Enterprise Record about the Dixie Fire and Mt Hough, not sure how this plays out in the grand scheme of things though...

"In the east zone, firefighters took advantage of Monday’s cooler conditions to establish direct and indirect firelines in several locations. Tactical firing operations were initiated along Mount Hough Road and between Round Valley Reservoir and Moccasin. The Mount Hough Road line, once completed, will decrease the fire threat to Quincy and Chandler, Cal Fire said"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts