Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title pretty much sums it up, But figured i would put it out there.
Sat March 13 at 2pm Mt Herman ride, planning on riding stoopid trail.
Meet in the trail head parking lot off Mt. Herman road. Post up if you want to join or just meet there. Hope to see some folks there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Snuck out this morning - Pearl is nice, a few ice sections in the trees, and we dropped in to stupid at the AFA Lookout - where you first see the chapel. Nice all the way back. If I get back from some nonsense I need to get done early afternoon, I'll run some post-ride beverages over that direction.

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jnordby Thanks for the offer and if i missed you my bad, no one showed up to ride with so i just hit the trails on my own, up threw the preserve up pearl and up road to middle stoopid then back down over all was a good ride, so now im at home drinking the six pack i brought to share (more for me). Hopefully we will all get to go hit some trails again soon.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sorry hitech, I wish I could have been there. I skipped my road training due to aches/pains from the Fri crash. Had a good ride showing some Denver friends some of the goods in the Canon but it ran longer than planned. Glad to hear you still had a good solo ride, makes me feel a little less like the turd I am. Lets pedal soon.

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
Great video Aaron. I like the cuts to you riding past the camera. Something that would be annoying to do on the group rides. Breaks up just looking at fun single track the whole video.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
OK... I guess I need to get myself up to Monument. Want to PM me some directions on these trails? I have no idea where they are or how to make a loop of them!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great video. Trails look sweet! I think I may also need to get myself over there.

How difficult is it to loop the trails together? To find the trails? From what I remember reading and found in my search, it seems like there are conflicting views of this area.

Some have local knowledge, link multiple trails, talk about 30mis of trail and have a blast. Others seem to struggle with the trails, confused with linking them or turn it into a fireroad ride with limited singletrack.

Any trail maps available or is it a "get a local to help" kind of area? Next time you are kind enough put ot the call for a ride, I will have to take advantage of your trail guide expertise. Any info is helpful, PM or on the forum. Thanks for sharing.

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guy on the complements on the video. It was a good time, as far as trail maps i do not have one on me. I heard rumor that there is some at the criterium bike shop in Mo town, but i can not confirm this. I spent the last summer getting shown around, the trail network can get a bit confusing and sometimes i still get a bit lost. Best thing I learned is find people that know there way around and go from there. We ride there quite a bit during the summer. Others, (jnorby, and kristain and joemtbcolorado) Know all the trail names and best ways to move around up there. Catch a ride with them or see if you can ask them some info. Sorry im not more help, I'm still learning.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
nice video arin. I really like the stationary shot with the camera pointing down the trail while you are ripping that berm on stoopid. I will have to use that some time. Also your chesty angle is looking much better. Although in one of the shots it looked a bit shaky. Overall sweet movie. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Nice Arin! The video looks really good at 720p. In fact, I think I saw PBRme!'s ear on the side of the trail :p . You need to firm up the chest mount for those rocky descents though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice Arin!
Didn't mess me up, wish I woulda bumped into you - did a drive by around 4pm, but can't be positive on that. Didn't see any tailgaitin', so kept on going. Amazing to get away with the Pearl and Middle Stoop this dry in March (I'd take a foot of slush right now!).

good stuff,
jon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts