Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any updates on the trail conditions on Elden after the rains? I saw the flooding on the news on the northeast side... brutal :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rode Oldham and Rocky Ridge last night. A little erosion but nothing significant. Nice and moist and very fast!

·
rock crusher
256 Posts
Partly muddy with an 80-90% chance of tacky tread :thumbsup:

Seriously, trails are great right now!

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Partly muddy with an 80-90% chance of tacky tread :thumbsup:

Seriously, trails are great right now!
SWEET!!! Heading up on Saturday for some 'Shuttle Action' :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Too early for the changing of colors. I rode the AZ trail up to the Aspen Corner this morning; really awesome, trail crews are closing in on the completion of the segment. Highly recommend this ride from the Schultz Pass "Y as an out and back. Beautiful forest and fun very ride-able single track.

·
The .05 percent
1,088 Posts
Your Public Service announcement for the week:
Proper spelling of Mount Elden...
ELDEN
That is all.

·
slower than you
1,303 Posts
Your Public Service announcement for the week:
Proper spelling of Mount Elden...
ELDEN
That is all.
While you are correct in noting that it's spelled Elden on most contemporary maps, Eldon has historically been an acceptable spelling, or at least a very common misspelling on many maps and official documents. Nevertheless, the family name from which the mountain takes its name did use the spelling Elden.

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
Scotty had the heater on in his truck . . .:rolleyes:

Yeah, I could talk about the weather, damp soil, cool fresh air filtered through pine trees all day long . . .

Here's a couple of clips I pulled off the GoPro of a few old men and a couple of young bucks sessioning Private Reserve. I believe there's a shot of Duner in there (after he cleaned the blood off his face...)

Nice time.

-SS

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
While you are correct in noting that it's spelled Elden on most contemporary maps, Eldon has historically been an acceptable spelling, or at least a very common misspelling on many maps and official documents. Nevertheless, the family name from which the mountain takes its name did use the spelling Elden.
Hmmmm I always thought the original name was Dook'o'oosłííd but I could be wrong....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice video Steve. I had a blast but Private Reserve was a rather humbling experience.

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First time down Private Reserve and it was a DH wake-up call, as it was a little much at times for a 6-inch travel bike... but that is NOT going to stop me from riding it again and again! Very cool trail and MAJOR PROPS to those who finish it off by riding 'Happy Ending'! :thumbsup:: Holy Balls, that is a scary looking descent! :eek:

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
First time down Private Reserve and it was a DH wake-up call, as it was a little much at times for a 6-inch travel bike... but that is NOT going to stop me from riding it again and again! Very cool trail and MAJOR PROPS to those who finish it off by riding 'Happy Ending'! :thumbsup:: Holy Balls, that is a scary looking descent! :eek:
If you're looking for flow! Better let me be the shuttle driver on that one. As I don't see me bombing down it anytime soon. But I'll ride/hike it again.

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Don't forget MAJOR PROPS to the trail builders up there...those trails don't just appear out of the forest. Wanna give back to the trails...buy a T-shirt from the Flagstaff Gravity Riders ORganization...

Flagstaff Biking Organization » Flagstaff Gravity Riders

1 - 20 of 25 Posts