Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hello
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if the Mt. Eden Sunset trail is rideable now? I would like to ride it next weekend 3-17-11. Seasons says summer. :( I'm passing through town...

·
slower than you
1,264 Posts

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
wow...and even I learned something new....I had no idea Elmo contained two uplifted blocks of sed rock......:thumbsup:

·
slower than you
1,264 Posts
Maadjurguer said:
wow...and even I learned something new....I had no idea Elmo contained two uplifted blocks of sed rock......:thumbsup:
yeah. cool, huh. elden is a cool mountain. heart trail bisects the largest sedimentary formation... most of the grand canyon geology is there. and, as a bonus, there's even a little outcropping of sedona's schnebly hill formation towards the bottom if you know where to look. you see portions of the other sed rock formation in spots on the way down little bear... or did... who knows when or even if we'll ever ride little bear again.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
very cool...I'd like a tour here in a few months....any high rez geo maps available of the area? Ahhh hell, screw it....I'd just like a tour...I'll bring the beer!

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
rockychrysler said:
yeah. cool, huh. elden is a cool mountain. heart trail bisects the largest sedimentary formation... most of the grand canyon geology is there. and, as a bonus, there's even a little outcropping of sedona's schnebly hill formation towards the bottom if you know where to look. you see portions of the other sed rock formation in spots on the way down little bear... or did... who knows when or even if we'll ever ride little bear again.
That's true, there's pieces of Kaibab along L, Bear. And the reason Heart Trail sucks so bad is it drops most of it's elevation through the Redwall Formation. Anyone who's hiked the canyon can tell you what a formidable layer that is.

·
slower than you
1,264 Posts
Maadjurguer said:
very cool...I'd like a tour here in a few months....any high rez geo maps available of the area? Ahhh hell, screw it....I'd just like a tour...I'll bring the beer!
we can arrange that. we'll get rockman to come, too. i forget too many of the names...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts