Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday 1/13, starting time at 9:00 am.
Any suggestions ? Maybe the Mitchell Canyon, North peak loop, or starting from Borges ranch and up BBQ, Summit trail, down Burma, or something else ?

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
VTT said:
Saturday 1/13, starting time at 9:00 am.
Any suggestions ? Maybe the Mitchell Canyon, North peak loop, or starting from Borges ranch and up BBQ, Summit trail, down Burma, or something else ?
Can I suggest that we shuttle, jump and skid as much as possible?

That would be swell.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
imridingmybike said:
Can I suggest that we shuttle, jump and skid as much as possible?

That would be swell.
Mt. Diablo is my local trail, therefore I am in charge and know what's best.

First of all, shuttling, jumping, skidding will put the other person using the mountain on that particular day at significant risk of being run over by a bunch off madmen on mountain bikes. Second of all, everyone knows BBQ is off limits during the winter. I suggest we have BTCEB show up and teach you the propper way to ride your bike.

Moreover, you may as well notify the CHP to help direct traffic and run a carnival in the parking lot. Why not hire a few busses to shuttle riders to the top. How dare you post a ride on MTBR.

My favorite color is blue.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
EBrider said:
Mt. Diablo is my local trail, therefore I am in charge and know what's best.

First of all, shuttling, jumping, skidding will put the other person using the mountain on that particular day at significant risk of being run over by a bunch off madmen on mountain bikes. Second of all, everyone knows BBQ is off limits during the winter. I suggest we have BTCEB show up and teach you the propper way to ride your bike.

Moreover, you may as well notify the CHP to help direct traffic and run a carnival in the parking lot. Why not hire a few busses to shuttle riders to the top. How dare you post a ride on MTBR.

My favorite color is blue.
Hey Mr "Local" - I'm local, too. Just as much as you. In fact if supremacy is judged by localness, then proximity to the trails in question rules! 2.5 miles baby. Put that in your high-brow pipe and smoke it.

It's bad attitudes like yours that are going to get us all kicked out of Mnt Diablo for good.:madmax:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
imridingmybike said:
Hey Mr "Local" - I'm local, too. Just as much as you. In fact if supremacy is judged by localness, then proximity to the trails in question rules! 2.5 miles baby. Put that in your high-brow pipe and smoke it.

It's bad attitudes like yours that are going to get us all kicked out of Mnt Diablo for good.:madmax:
Look wise guy. I am less than a mile from the mountain, that puts me in charge of the whole thing. If you want to be Mr. Diablo well whoopdy doo.

Seriously, any real local knows that BBQ gets puddles during the winter due to its flat rocky surface. Lets keep BBQ a fire road and not a highway. We don't need no 2.5 mile away guys coming and screwing up our local trails when you are just going to go ride somewhere else after you screw up our park.

·
enter and win
727 Posts
Ladies...

Can't we all just get along? I want to join you for this ride but you gossip and whine worse than a gaggle of girls. Geez already. VTT, where is the ride starting? I need to learn new areas of the mountain because we're planning on taking the HS boys there Monday. Anyone is welcome to join us. I hope to see you all Saturday, because riding bikes is fun.

·
gimme friction
1,139 Posts
I'm not coming on your ride on Saturday.

But, I did ride Devil's Elbow for the first time last weekend. Mitchell Canyon ride, no North Peak.

THAT is a fun trail. I wanted to do it 2x, but time did not allow.

Have fun, y'all!

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
EBrider said:
Assuming we don't get too much rain this week, we could go up the WC side. Otherwise, Mitchell Canyon up to Juniper holds up a little better.
Hey,

Listen up there, Mr Local. You stay on your side of the mountain, and I'll ride both. MMMMkay?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EBrider said:
Assuming we don't get too much rain this week, we could go up the WC side. Otherwise, Mitchell Canyon up to Juniper holds up a little better.
We could meet at the Borges ranch at 9:00 am and go up either BBQ or Wall Point to the Summit trail and then up to Burma.... and down Burma. Is it suppose to rain before Saturday ? The forecast looks dry so far.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
cohenfive said:
how are trail conditions on the mountain these days? was thinking of riding the headlands but would be willing to stay closer to home for a 'friendly' xc type of ride...
Not so much as a puddle on the Clayton side. I haven't been on the WC side in a few months, but there is a little more adobe, so it could be slick in some places.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Yep....trails are in great shape. Nice to meet you the other day Steve. I went back out yesterday and rode up by the falls trail. A lttle colder today that's for sure. About 34 degrees right now. Burrrr.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Ebo said:
Yep....trails are in great shape. Nice to meet you the other day Steve. I went back out yesterday and rode up by the falls trail. A lttle colder today that's for sure. About 34 degrees right now. Burrrr.
Good meeting you too Eric. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in an afternoon ride, generally I have been solo lately.

Before Christmas VTT and I saw about an inch of ice in that horse trough at the top of Middle Trail. Sounds like it will get quite chilly by the weekend.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
9AM & dress warmly.

It has been dry, but leaving from Borges this time of year is always dicey because the adobe is impassable if it is wet. I would propose riding from the Mormon church on Northgate, or if you like climbing, we could go from Mitchell Canyon and up to the top.

My preference is to go from Mitchell to the top.

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
EBrider said:
9AM & dress warmly.

It has been dry, but leaving from Borges this time of year is always dicey because the adobe is impassable if it is wet. I would propose riding from the Mormon church on Northgate, or if you like climbing, we could go from Mitchell Canyon and up to the top.

Quercus and I rode a loop last week from Mitchell Canyon to the Devils Elbow, then the singletrack connector trail to North Peak. We descended Ridge trail to Donner canyon and just took the lower roads that connect Donner to Mitchell Canyon parking lot to complete the loop. Was about 3400 feet of climbing and about 3 hours of riding.

It was COLD but fun. Plenty of ice up on the northern side with very funky conditions on some of the roads. There is a layer of frozen ice strands that causes the dirt to become uplifted and form a crust. Almost like skiing on crusty snow with hoar frost underneath. Our wheels would "punch" through a few inches and it was very squirrly on some of the steeper parts of the descent right below North peak. Many of the roads on the north side had this weird crust. Wish I had time this weekend to join you on the ride.

Have fun!

OD

·
enter and win
727 Posts
Ok got the time...

EBrider said:
9AM & dress warmly.

Now I just need the place. :madman:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.