Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Mt. Diablo this morning. I haven't been on the bike since last Friday...there's just been so much damn smoke I haven't wanted to get out in it. Couldn't wait any longer, the smoke wasn't bad at all. I noticed it a bit, but no difficulty in breathing and no hacking.

Here's a shot of the fog at the top of Riggs Canyon.

Here's shot from the same place with Mt. Diablo in the background. Fog is still present, but you can see the haze and how much smoke is still lingering a little higher.

Balancing Rock on the Knobcone trail.

Start of Oyster Point Singletrack (one of the few legal ones on Mt. D)

Super Tony, fresh off his Italian road riding in Bellagio.

Last of the real climbing on OP, mostly fast singletrack and downhill from here.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Is there a lot of poison oak on the lower 1/2 of the trail? Where did you go from the bottom of OP? Looks like you had as good a day as you could wish for in these conditions.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PO is everywhere on OP...but it's pretty well contained to the sides and I never felt I was in jeopardy of rubbing up against it. I was however quick to wash up when I got home just to be sure:thumbsup:

As for where to go from the bottom of OP, well that's where I started. I park on Old Finley Road. There's a trailhead at the end of the road (no parking so you have to park a mile back on the side of the road). I take Riggs Canyon which is crazy steep (about 20 minutes of hike-a-bike) to Knobcone, to Oyster Point, back down to Old Finley. GPS data here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.