Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i am newly registered to this site, but not new to bikes. I will be visiting Crested butte in 2 weeks, and bringing my bike, really looking forward to hitting Mt. Crested Butte.
Now i am from Oklahoma, so i mainly do single track, good rocky climbs, but i am looking for some good non extreme downhill trails. I searched the forums for some info, i looked on the crested butte website, there is a map of the trails, but i would love some more info. thanks! Cant wait to get back to Crested Butte, i love that part of Colorado.

·
Will Guide for Beer
729 Posts
401 and 403 are my favs. 401 has the best possible drop off spot (that I know about), atop Gothic Rd which leaves a managable 1.5 mile climb to the descent. You can also ride the lifts, but CB is more about earning your DH.

Ride early, looks like afternoon storms are going to be the norm for the rest of the summer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know i would love to not use the lifts, but the altitude will kill me, and i have been out of the sport a few years and not as fit as i would like to be, I plan on mainly riding the lifts but i am open to other stuff, thanks for the info

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
I rode the lift with my wife and two kids last year. You will find tons of nice, non-gnarly, downhilling out there. We were all on XC bikes and had plenty of fun, however, I felt a little strange riding the lift with all of the surrounding possibilities. I would recommend riding 401 at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts