Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on the website and found alittle info about them, they have 2 loops one 8 miles and one 4, they say they are expert xc trails and thats about all the info I have found, I cant find any pictures or anything on the xc only the dh. anyway has anyone been there and rode them? I think I might take a day trip up there and check them out if you guys have any good reviews or something. I dont want to go and waste my money there if its nothing special. So anything would be great, more general info, pictures?, review on the terrain and trails. Thanks

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
XC trails on top of the mountain are pretty good

You will probably have them to yourself since most people at Mountain Creek are into DH. I've wandered around the xc trails and enjoyed them. Problem is, you need the lift or strong legs and lungs to get to them and paying for a lift pass to ride XC is not economical. In any case, if you do decide to ride there, you can always find your way down the mountain on fire road type trails if you do not want to ride the more intense DH runs.

I guess you can "sneak" up the mountain and ride for free but that is your call.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I work at Mountain Creek...

not for the Diablo Mountain Bike Park, but for the Ski Resort. You can get a one time lift ticket to the top of the mountain for $8, which allows you to ride the XC trails all you want. You may want to just pay the full rate if your coming up for the day, because some of the easier DH runs can be a lot of fun on a XC bike.

-Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts