Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,573 Posts
jbhaji, Thanks for the report. Its helpful to know where ranger hot spots are, I appreciate it. I only ride Mt Burdell 3-5 times per year, but its always great up there. I usually run the risk of climbing from “Behind San Marin High School”. So basically every time I go there, it could cost me $300-400. Thanks for taking the time to give people a heads up.

· Professional Troll
2,797 Posts
Hmmm. This is why my state is full of political refugees from your state.
You realize that the reason it "feels" like all these states have a large amount of Californians moving there is because...CALIFORNIA IS THE LARGEST STATE BY POPULATION. So yes, all things being equal, the plurality of migrants to any state to be from California. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jbhaji, Thanks for the report. Its helpful to know where ranger hot spots are, I appreciate it. I only ride Mt Burdell 3-5 times per year, but its always great up there. I usually run the risk of climbing from "Behind San Marin High School". So basically every time I go there, it could cost me $300-400. Thanks for taking the time to give people a heads up.
Yeah I'm going to climb the legal fire road from now on.
That's the weird thing- the section of off limits trail I was on wasn't anything special- just a convenient climb. Also almost nobody is hiking at 6am. There's just an asshole or two in that neighborhood who gets up early and called the ranger. I saw a guy walking his dog one morning and he yelled at me "you're not allowed on that trail!" right as I left the street to go onto dirt. So some citizen volunteers are keeping an eye out for violations.

· Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I'm going to climb the legal fire road from now on.
That's the weird thing- the section of off limits trail I was on wasn't anything special- just a convenient climb. Also almost nobody is hiking at 6am. There's just an asshole or two in that neighborhood who gets up early and called the ranger. I saw a guy walking his dog one morning and he yelled at me "you're not allowed on that trail!" right as I left the street to go onto dirt. So some citizen volunteers are keeping an eye out for violations.
Thanks for adding the color @jbhaji , would appreciate confirmation on which trail this is so others can avoid the specific one as you are doing, at least for a while. Fieldstone perhaps? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for adding the color @jbhaji , would appreciate confirmation on which trail this is so others can avoid the specific one as you are doing, at least for a while. Fieldstone perhaps? Thanks in advance!
It's the one behind the high school, you know, the one where a ranger can sit at starbucks (I know, the Starbucks shut down) and watch the majority of the trail as you slowly make your way to the gate that the ranger is a quick 5 minutes away from. The moral of this story is, don't poach going up.

· Registered
701 Posts
You realize that the reason it "feels" like all these states have a large amount of Californians moving there is because...CALIFORNIA IS THE LARGEST STATE BY POPULATION. So yes, all things being equal, the plurality of migrants to any state to be from California. 🤦‍♂️
This is only true if "all things being equal" also implies that the other 49 are equally awful about some things. Otherwise, it could simultaneously be true that CA has the most people, and also that the exodus rate is disproportionate.

· Professional Troll
2,797 Posts
This is only true if "all things being equal" also implies that the other 49 are equally awful about some things. Otherwise, it could simultaneously be true that CA has the most people, and also that the exodus rate is disproportionate.
Right, but I have yet to see any data suggesting that there is a meaningful difference in net migration rates out of California compared to other states. For pretty much the past 50 years CA has had a pretty large net migration IN though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.