Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Howeler said:
How about a freaking Spoiler Alert?!

FACK
how about you don't open threads titled anything to do with TdF until July 21?

:thumbsup:

·
Crop Dusting Magistrate
610 Posts
MTBNate said:

Title alone is spoiler........as the kids say "just sayin'

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
he is the fastest Canadian...more important than him being an mtbr (to canadians i suppose ;) ).

·
smell the saddle...
612 Posts
MTBNate said:

I did the same thing only skimmed. It was certainly advantage today for the mtber, you can tell by the riding style - especially those smart enough to ride the dirt shoulder over the cobblestone.

53119 said:
you missed the more obvious mtber that's got gc goals. Cadel Evans
Cadel is a joke, he may inched his way further up the ranking but it's sure to be short lived. Gotta give it to him for making the most entertaining facial expressions! :D

Anyone catch Andy Schleck's comment on the protest? Quite a cocky Lux ain't he...? "This is no Paris-Roubaix" Sucha softy, I vote more carnage! :thumbsup:

·
Terrain Sculptor
4,692 Posts
ferday said:
he is the fastest Canadian...more important than him being an mtbr (to canadians i suppose ;) ).
No, not really. I'm more into mtbr versus roadie than Canadian versus anything. We know how awesome we are.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you missed the more obvious mtber that's got gc goals. Cadel Evans
Correctamundo. I thought about that today as I was riding. I am a mountain biker at heart, but I love the Tour de France.

Cadel is a joke, he may inched his way further up the ranking but it's sure to be short lived.
No rider in the Tour, let alone a team leader and World Champion, is a "joke". Let's see how he does.

he(Hesdejal) is the fastest Canadian...more important than him being an mtbr
Riding a mountain bike helped get him to where he is now. Being the only Canadian in the pro peleton; he has a bit of pressure on him. Last Canadian I can think of was Steve Bauer, not a bad rider.
Hesdejal got beat by Hushovd, Thomas and Evans after a long breakaway over pave. Nothing there to be ashamed of.

·
fan of maple syrup
1,581 Posts
stumonky said:
Cadel is a joke, he may inched his way further up the ranking but it's sure to be short lived. Gotta give it to him for making the most entertaining facial expressions! :D
I agree with ronbo - no rider in the tour is a joke, especially as far as their endurance abilities are concerned anyway. Hats off to anyone who can even complete the thing let alone come 2nd a few times.

Having said that, Cadel has drawn a few laughs out of me, usually every time he opens his whiny little mouth. Especially this time:

NOTE: is it just me, or does the handler behind Cadel say "Don't touch the duchebag!"

·
smell the saddle...
612 Posts
nuclear - I just spit my coffee on my screen, thanks! :thumbsup: That was too dam funny!!! I believe his security guard does say "don't touch ******bag!" :D

I didn't mean Cadel was a joke in way of he doesn't deserve to be in the tour, he made there he's obvious capable. I meant he's a joke in an amusing way as nuclear pointed out. His persona to me is like the "Elton John" of cycling. Every time you see an interview of him you laugh.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
stumonky said:
nuclear - I just spit my coffee on my screen, thanks! :thumbsup: That was too dam funny!!! I believe his security guard does say "don't touch ******bag!" :D

I didn't mean Cadel was a joke in way of he doesn't deserve to be in the tour, he made there he's obvious capable. I meant he's a joke in an amusing way as nuclear pointed out. His persona to me is like the "Elton John" of cycling. Every time you see an interview of him you laugh.
He says "Don't touch... touche pas". That's "don't touch" in Francais.

But... I prefer to hear it as D***e-bag.:p

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'd love to see Hesjedal win the whole thing, I remember looking up to him when I was just getting into mountain biking when he and Roland Green seemed to win darn near every race.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
ronbo613 said:
C
Riding a mountain bike helped get him to where he is now. Being the only Canadian in the pro peleton; he has a bit of pressure on him. Last Canadian I can think of was Steve Bauer, not a bad rider.
Actually there are two canadians in the tour this year. Mike Barry rides for Sky.

On Ryder's team their is also two other Canadians. Svien Tuft, and Christan Meir (who use to race DH). Not too mention Dominick Rollin who rides for Cervelo.

·
Crop Dusting Magistrate
610 Posts
Thatshowiroll said:
Some guy from Texas in the TDF is also a MTBer.
You mean a Tri-geek, LA is a roadie who also hops on a mountain bike, but never rode in the NORBA circuit.

Regardless of theMichelob Lite commercials

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Howeler said:
You mean a Tri-geek, LA is a roadie who also hops on a mountain bike, but never rode in the NORBA circuit.

Regardless of theMichelob Lite commercials
Has he done any major races besides the Leadville 100? And Leadville, not to take anything away from the event or the athletes who compete in it, has a lot of pavement and dirt roads, it's somewhat difficult to call it a mountain bike race.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
DanD said:
Has he done any major races besides the Leadville 100? And Leadville, not to take anything away from the event or the athletes who compete in it, has a lot of pavement and dirt roads, it's somewhat difficult to call it a mountain bike race.
He's done several TMBRA races and hosts one at his ranch in Austin.. also:

2nd Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race
1st 12 Hours of Snowmass

1st Colorado Pro Cross-Country Championships
1st Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race

1 - 20 of 45 Posts