Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,474 Posts
rensho said:
Norcal should do July this year. Hopefully the trails are in slightly better condition and less dusty in July.

Gooooooooooooo MBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
That's the spirit.

MBO... the ultimate bike road trip for the current economy.

We should figure out how to pitch in and get laid off folks up there. Go green, carpool, sumptin.

fc

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are enough of you that come to fill a bus.
Get a bus and a U-Haul and you'll be set!
Then you'd have your own shuttle on McKenzie and/or NUT before or after MBO
Plus in the Spring we are going to add a car/bus pool board for MBO
Take Care

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I am determined to make both weekends this year! Err, next year! Seems like I just got back...

As to the carpool thing, will probably still have the van with mucho racks going up from the Bay Area...we'll have to make a plan, altho on one of the trips will likely want to stay a bit longer or go a bit earlier to do some more riding in the area...

Great news about the beer...I mean it was great for New Belgium to step up and all but to have Ben and gang providing beer along with some other locals, that sounds even better!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Mbo 2009

I've been wanting to go to one of these weekends for a few years. Perhaps in 2009 I will actually pull it off. I never can find anyone that I know interested in attending. I guess I need to get with the program and meet some local MTBR riders. :eekster:

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
I've never been. I was real close last year 'till the diesel fuel went ridiculous. July works out best for me. Looking at all pictures and hearing all the stories from past years has me aching to go.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,474 Posts
About the beer. All the locals complain about not having an Oregon beer sponsor. Next year it looks like they have 4 different local brewery sponsors!!

Also, there's about 10 bike sponsors loaning out bikes.

fc

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bike recommendation for MBO

I'm going this year for the first time. The rides I am interested in are: the Middle Fork Trail, Alpine, Hardesty, Lawler, and hopefully the Alpine-Tire Mtn-Windberry ride.

Bikes I have to take would be either a Niner MCR9 (front sus), or a Rocky Mountain
ETSX-50. From the ride descriptions and back-to-back-to-back days of riding, I'm kind of thinking the Rocky might be the best bike to bring. Any suggestions from those that have gone before? I can't wait to do this thing...

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
AK47 said:
I'm going this year for the first time. The rides I am interested in are: the Middle Fork Trail, Alpine, Hardesty, Lawler, and hopefully the Alpine-Tire Mtn-Windberry ride.

Bikes I have to take would be either a Niner MCR9 (front sus), or a Rocky Mountain
ETSX-50. From the ride descriptions and back-to-back-to-back days of riding, I'm kind of thinking the Rocky might be the best bike to bring. Any suggestions from those that have gone before? I can't wait to do this thing...
Any of the bikes would be fine. You don't need a lot of suspension, but you do need good brakes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.