Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
We were just talking about this 2 days ago? A bunch of us from the area were saying we'd be willing to go do the work ourselves if we could get the go ahead. If anyone is still working on this keep it up!! We badly want to see this happen and let us know if we can help. :) We're so there...

·
_
850 Posts
seems like two summers ago there was alot of momentum regarding this project, then not too much happened, and not too much was really said about it for last summer and this summer seems even less eventful. i'd be willing to help out as well.

·
Mt Wilson Motoboy
410 Posts
From their site...

Open for Scenic Rides & Mountain Biking!!!
Thu June 21, 2007 2:16 PM
We will be operating Chair #1 on weekends and holidays throughout the year for Mountain Biking and Scenic Rides up to the Top-of-the-Notch Restaurant. Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, including the upcoming Fourth of July on Wednesday. Because the 4th is in the middle of the week, we plan on opening the previous Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on a test basis. If enough people show up, we may even open on the following Thursday and Friday that week. We are also available for weddings, private parties and corporate retreats. To speak with our business office call (909) 982-0800 for more information. Thank you.

Freakin' Awesome!

Attachments

·
Mt Wilson Motoboy
410 Posts
Let's flood the place!

Rockin' good news!

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
About 10 years ago, it looked like it was going to happen and I think it did, for a very short time. That was before "free riding" was deemed cool.
The terrain does'nt really work to good for XC, but I think DH and freeriding would work.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I heard that Mt. Baldy has 10 new trails this summer and plans to hold the SoCal Freeriding Championships later this summer. It's going to be an invitation only event so I've been working on my 10' to flat hucks all year, I'm pretty sure I'll win because I'm going to wear a sleevless t-shirt.

·
fat guy on a little bike
52 Posts
2w4s said:
I heard that Mt. Baldy has 10 new trails this summer and plans to hold the SoCal Freeriding Championships later this summer. It's going to be an invitation only event so I've been working on my 10' to flat hucks all year, I'm pretty sure I'll win because I'm going to wear a sleevless t-shirt.

I'm pretty sure you'll take 2nd as I am going shirtless and stapling my number to my chest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can ride Baldy.......park at San Antonio Falls road, ride a couple of miles on the fire road to the lifts, ride to the top of Thunder Mountain and go down any trail you like.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
Flatsix said:
You can ride Baldy.......park at San Antonio Falls road, ride a couple of miles on the fire road to the lifts, ride to the top of Thunder Mountain and go down any trail you like.
If you are talking about the Three Tee's Trails off Thunder Mt.... bad idea! The Three Tee's are in the Cucamonga Wilderness Area and full of hikers coming up out of Icehouse Canyon. Getting caught on that trail would be a good way to never get a bike park up there. If that is not what you mean, to my knowlegde that is the only trail off Thunder Mountain. I am sure that just riding down the ski runs, besides not looking very fun would also be a big no no. Stick to the fireroads and the short little shortcut singletracks that connect them.

Dean

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts