Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending a heinous week fatting up in the midwest, not doing much of anything other than getting told by in-laws that I was foolish for choosing to live in Bend instead of Illinois, it was a relief to get the call from tberg to go for an impromptu ride.

We started at Mt. Bachelor and rode the Metolius/Windigo trail (aka Trail 99) up and over to Sisters. It was right around 40 miles and 6 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mudflaps said:
Ah, so foolish to live here... See you at BC?
I know, why look at trees, rocks, streams, and mountains when I could be dodging taxis on my way to dodge shoppers at Nordie's?

If everything aligns then I'll be at Fall B.C. I'd really like to attend for once.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here's Nat enjoying the high alpine at the bottom of the Bachelor singletrack

More high alpine riding by the Broken Top TH

Nat getting ready for the downhill on the way to Happy Valley

South Sister poking out from the trees

Broken Top with a very shaded Nat in the foreground

Nat mashing too hard on his SS

Up and over

Half way through the worst 7 miles of trail ever

Enjoying the fast and flowy on Secret Agent

One last short climb with Broken Top and Tam MacArthur Rim in the background

Mt Washington and Mt Jefferson off in the distance

The Three Sisters (South, Middle, and North)

Great day out. Probably won't ever ride that combo again though. The 7 mile section that connects Happy Valley to Three Creeks Lake is the wost trail ever. Seven miles of horse beaten dust with long sections of 6-8 inch deep sand.

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
Nat said:
I know, why look at trees, rocks, streams, and mountains when I could be dodging taxis on my way to dodge shoppers at Nordie's?

If everything aligns then I'll be at Fall B.C. I'd really like to attend for once.
Nat et al. Nice photos. I like the dry side. Hey Nat, let us know what we can do to help things "align" for fall BC. Just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Updated BC calendar notes

No problem Nat.

We can send you the updated BC Calendar, or alternatively, you can alter your own. To do this, cross out the word 'Saturday' and write in 'Monday'. Similarly, cross out the word 'Sunday'and write in the word 'Tuesday' . Problem solved.:thumbsup: See you at BC in the fall.

Flaps
Nat said:
Holding it on a Monday and Tuesday would be perfect! Thanks!

·
Registered
19,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mudflaps said:
No problem Nat.

We can send you the updated BC Calendar, or alternatively, you can alter your own. To do this, cross out the word 'Saturday' and write in 'Monday'. Similarly, cross out the word 'Sunday'and write in the word 'Tuesday' . Problem solved.:thumbsup: See you at BC in the fall.

Flaps
Excellent!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.