Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big props to Mike Z. (pufdup) and John for showing me the goods on Saturday.
Also much respect goes out to ALL other Mt A. riders, this place was killer.

We did about 17 miles of some of the most technical trails uphill and downhill that I have ever ridden. Accourding to the boys we hit all the hard climbs and "most" of the crazy descents. On the mountain side. They also told me that even though we hit alot of the best routes. There was still way more out there. Amazing.

Then we rode by the resevoirs and the two damns. Tight woodsey dark singletrack. Very fast and flowey. Just incredible.

My favorites were on the mountain side.
The cool slick rock climbs on second and third hills. One of them just seemed to go on forever. Snaking its way around corners and false flats, up more climbs, around rock slabs. Stepping up rock faces and roots. Perfection. I don't even want to talk about the descents. They were just as epic!

I am just dying thinking about the next time I can get back up to Maine to ride Mt. A. It will a be few (those that know me know why) but it will be worth the wait.

Greg

·
Born of Fire
331 Posts
Hey Greg! Glad to here you had a good time at Mt. A. That place rules. definetly some of the best riding around. I had fun playing tour guide. We didn't even get lost. First time for everything I guess. Next time you'll have to bring your camera so you can get some pics of those drops. I ended up going to Clifford Park on Sunday too. I'm pretty beat. What a great weekend for riding. That rain was crazy. It rained on the mountain but not anywhere else. We're gonna have to go down and ride Lynn real soon.

Mike

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pufdup said:
Hey Greg! Glad to here you had a good time at Mt. A. That place rules. definetly some of the best riding around. I had fun playing tour guide. We didn't even get lost. First time for everything I guess. Next time you'll have to bring your camera so you can get some pics of those drops. I ended up going to Clifford Park on Sunday too. I'm pretty beat. What a great weekend for riding. That rain was crazy. It rained on the mountain but not anywhere else. We're gonna have to go down and ride Lynn real soon.

Mike

Pass the thanks on to John as well.
That rain was nuts. When I got back to my camp soaked my wife looked at me like I was insane. She said no way it rained. Mountain weather is funny like that.

The invitation is always open for you guys to come on down and ride Lynn.

Greg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yogreg! Pufdup told me you put a post about our ride, after reading it I had to get on and thank you for the great reveiw. I want to apologize again for being late, but I'm glad that you enjoyed youself.
As for the ride, it was incredible as are most rides at Aggie. That place never gets old no matter how many times I ride there. Dude, you ride that bike like you were born on it!
Let us know the next time you can ride up this way and we can do it again. There's so many different trails out there it seems like the possibilties are endless! Also looking forward to coming down and riding Lynn soon. Happy trails.

John

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justanuthabika said:
Yogreg! Pufdup told me you put a post about our ride, after reading it I had to get on and thank you for the great reveiw. I want to apologize again for being late, but I'm glad that you enjoyed youself.
As for the ride, it was incredible as are most rides at Aggie. That place never gets old no matter how many times I ride there. Dude, you ride that bike like you were born on it!
Let us know the next time you can ride up this way and we can do it again. There's so many different trails out there it seems like the possibilties are endless! Also looking forward to coming down and riding Lynn soon. Happy trails.

John
No problems about being late. I know all too well how that whole thing goes.

The ride was epic. It was a pleasure to ride with you guys. The terrain is on another level. Some of the moves pulled on that day were beyond my words. We rode our a$$es off!
The next time I am in the area we will all have to hook up again and hit up Mt.A for sure. I live for that type of terrain, and caliber of riding.

Let me know for real when you guys want to come on down and check out Lynn Woods..
contact me here or by e-mail when you are ready.
[email protected]

Thanks again for the great ride.
Greg

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
Don’t believe these guys, this place SUCKS! Stay in Mass.

...can we move on and talk about something else now?

Thanks

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toddski said:
Don�t believe these guys, this place SUCKS! Stay in Mass.

...can we move on and talk about something else now?

Thanks
Point taken.
Word!

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about

every time I rode that place, I got lost. It sucks coming out three towns away after dark. Not to mention the trails are nothing but boulders. Not fun boulders, little loose scree-type boulders. How do you even get started? As for me, I'm definitely content with staying in Mass, at least the trails there are rideable. The only things I found that were rideable were ATV trails, and then I almost got run over by a dirt biker. You guys need some serious maintenance up there if you want to attract more riders.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PutAwayWet said:
every time I rode that place, I got lost. It sucks coming out three towns away after dark. Not to mention the trails are nothing but boulders. Not fun boulders, little loose scree-type boulders. How do you even get started? As for me, I'm definitely content with staying in Mass, at least the trails there are rideable. The only things I found that were rideable were ATV trails, and then I almost got run over by a dirt biker. You guys need some serious maintenance up there if you want to attract more riders.
where you been J ???
we have missed your heady insight and perspectives.
When we going riding?

greg

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
I've been busy with A) Letting my GF know I love her at least as much as my bike B) Trying to organize a volunteer cabin building in Jackson, NH C) Organizing Freshman Trips for the Outing Club at UNH D) Helping my family get ready for my sister's wedding this weekend.

I did make it out for one ride last week, though - check this out: Or....not. I can't seem to get Dirt Rag to load on my computer at the moment, but check out the "Hang Out" section of the forums, and look for "A Ride to Remember Why I Ride".

I'll email ya about plans for the next epic.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
For sure check out the post at Dirt Rag. Mt. A? Yeah a guy told me it sucks, he said it might not be bad for a slow bastard like me though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts