Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just called the Ranger and got the word - the trail is open and snow free from the top!

Which is great as we have a few shuttles from Bend taking place with room in the van. We can also pick people up at the Ranger Station and bring you to the top of the trail too.

Shuttle dates:
July 4th
July 5th
July 12th
July 20th

Details:
Leave from Bend at 8am, stop at Sisters Bakery along the way, arrive at trailhead around 10:30am. Van will pick up guests at a pre-set location at the bottom of the trail in the afternoon to drive back to Bend. Riders must have everything they need as the van will not be supporting the ride.
Those wanting a ride from the Ranger Station will be picked up close to 11am.

Cost $35 per person coming from Bend
$15 per person from the Ranger Station

Give us a call in the office to reserve your seat. Cancellation policy - no charge unless you cancel within 24 hours of the shuttle.

541-385-7002

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ummm, you sure? We had a group ride it Friday & even started at Sahalie Falls, still had to hike a bit of snow drifts for the first 3/4 mile or so. It was a great ride the rest of the way though :thumbsup:

We were going to start at the top, but looked like there was still quite a bit of snow? Please let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the woman told me it was open all the way to the top I questioned her and a little impatiently she responded, "yes, all the way to the top." Sounded like she had heard that question before a few times. Maybe they actually went out and cleared it out...

Our first shuttle isn't for a week - but if anyone else goes and ride I will let you know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was there about a month ago. The ranger station said we could probably make it up to clear lake. Everything above that was covered in snow. So we only rode about 8 miles up, as we didn't have a shuttle :(

Glad to know it's open now. Looks like a trip is needed soon!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Come on with the advertisements for your business.

Enough with the spam. Didn't we all go over this last year?

You could have just said the MRT is open, instead you spam your business once again.

Maybe I'll use this opportunity to sell some of my wares too:

Buy my mountain bike magic beans! They will help chafing as well as increase your bro factor by a level of 5. Just 5.99$, no cancelations. Call me at 503-541-5551

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Yes, it's open

Just rode MRT Saturday from above Clear Lake to Paradise CG. There are a few spots of snow that you have to hike across below Clear Lake and only one down tree. The trail is in great condition and the lava section is sweet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
amtbr said:
Come on with the advertisements for your business.

Enough with the spam. Didn't we all go over this last year?

You could have just said the MRT is open, instead you spam your business once again.

Maybe I'll use this opportunity to sell some of my wares too:

Buy my mountain bike magic beans! They will help chafing as well as increase your bro factor by a level of 5. Just 5.99$, no cancelations. Call me at 503-541-5551
This was discussed in a thread last year and the bottom line of the thread was that the vast majority of people don't mind the posts and it's ok. There is an ignore user button, feel free to use it.

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
+1

Since I just paid $40 in gas on an MRT trip this weekend, which didn't include a shuttle (did an out/back from Deer Creek), using their service would have saved me money, time and I wouldn't have had to pedal up the lava section in 100 degree heat - brutal!

Not sure my kayak would have fit in the Cog Wild rig though :) Prior to the ride I floated the Finn Rock to Silver Creek section of the Mac and got some great hole/wave surfing in. Talk about an "Oregon" day. Ya gotta love this place.

willem3 said:
Hey AMBTR....

Cog Wild is just providing an excellent service... Don't get personal. They do not spam this forum. They also provide great service to our local trails and help support MTB overall in Central Oregon.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SLinBend said:
+1

Prior to the ride I floated the Finn Rock to Silver Creek section of the Mac and got some great hole/wave surfing in. Talk about an "Oregon" day. Ya gotta love this place.
I have always wanted to float the river, so you have given me hope. How about a 14 foot boat? I am guessing I am out of luck!

And - Thanks for the kind words all, we are not trying to spam, just spread the word so the biking community can hear about what is going on and participate.

So with that said, there is still room from Bend and also the shuttle from the Ranger Station to the top. Save your gas money and spend it on beer!!

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.