Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I put one on a Ripley a couple years ago and it was great. Sold the bike to a buddy and now it has bad stiction. Just like the one I took off my Ripmo. My shop re-built it but it still feels nowhere near as good as when new. There's a lot of discussion about this issue in the MRP thread.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
I put one on a Ripley a couple years ago and it was great. Sold the bike to a buddy and now it has bad stiction. Just like the one I took off my Ripmo. My shop re-built it but it still feels nowhere near as good as when new. There's a lot of discussion about this issue in the MRP thread.
Sucks to hear. When you say the shop rebuilt it and it felt nowhere near as good as new, are you talking about your first one (your buddy's) or the one on your Ripmo? Happy to help with either case. Even if it's too late, and you've moved on, we like hearing feedback and experiences (and investigating them with production date, part batches, etc.).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.