Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I re greased the coil to my MRP Ribbon Coil Fork and can't get the rebound knob to thread in the damper rod during reassembly. It appears that the compression rod is very easy to press downward, so much that the screw base is only pushing the rod down rather than holding stiff for the screw to thread in.

The last step before adding the RControl/Rebound caps back on for completion. Anyone else having this problem? So frustrating :madman:

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you made sure the lowers are making full contact with the rod?
Yes, the spring side contacts the leg and the ramp control screw can be threaded in easily. The rebound side continues to sag lower than the knob screw can reach. I've even attempted to press down on the travel to reach the compression damper rod and it continues to slide down once the screw contacts it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Have you tried it with the compression setting at max? That'll basically lockout the rod. Call us if you need help, we're here! 970.241.3518

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.