Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at improving the front end grip on my Transition 29er hardtail running with 120mm Rockshox SID 51mm offset forks. I note that factory install of 120mm comes without any bottomless tokens. I'm 74kgs and if I set air pressure lower than 95psi I get fork bottoming out on the bigger hits.

If using MRP Cartridge would I gain the sensitivity and top end control I need as I note that adding the MRP cartridge is equivalent to running 1 token before you start MRP adjustment.

Riding style is hard and fast charging on winding dry sandy/gravely or loamy singletrack (not steep).

I'm as low as I can go up front, no additional headset stack and 50mm stem with Thomson Trail C 12mm riser bars, provides great turn in. Tyres also a consideration, now on Mezcal (which are providing better confidence).

·
Registered
99 Posts
The MRP Ramp Control cartridge will help ramp up and is a replacement for volume spacers. I just put one in my Fox 34 at 130, but it won't help initial sensitivity or traction since it is designed to help starting mid travel. What it really does is makes it so you can on the fly adjust the second half of your strokes curve so that you don't bottom out of rough trails or not use all your travel on easier trails. You could get the same functionality for the most part with volume spacers at a much lower price or free but its a pain to switch compared to the ramp control.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MRP Ramp Control cartridge will help ramp up and is a replacement for volume spacers. I just put one in my Fox 34 at 130, but it won't help initial sensitivity or traction since it is designed to help starting mid travel. What it really does is makes it so you can on the fly adjust the second half of your strokes curve so that you don't bottom out of rough trails or not use all your travel on easier trails. You could get the same functionality for the most part with volume spacers at a much lower price or free but its a pain to switch compared to the ramp control.
https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-susp...tridge-1022839-post12849769.html#post12849769

Found this thread via Google search not forum search ? help explains the mechanics of it too. If you are a fettler sounds perfect, but $$ as you state, however less hassle than changing tokens. Would love to hear 32mm fork experiences (with no tokens currently present).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.