Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
03P2 said:
i need some help choosing which one to buy. if u have had any experience with either of these any knowledge will be useful.
I've got the LRP on my RFX - it works very well, it's simple, I haven't had any problems with it at all (other than having to dye the ugly orange roller to black)

I've got the E-13SRS on my dirtjump bike - it works great, my friends use the DRS on their freeride bikes - one with great sucess (Foes Fly) the other has had some chainline issues (SC Bullit) - the stuff from E-13 is great - you really can't go wrong with their stuff...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
ezweave said:
I haven't used the MRP LRP, but I have been told that the metal bashring is really weak.
I should have been more specific, the LRP works great, the bashguard is worthless and was never mounted on my bike (I use a Race Face)

that's one of the reasons I like the E-13 stuff...tough as nails...
 

·
Chillin the Most
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
First let me start by saying that both work great. I have an LRP and it does what it's supposed too I've never dropped a chain with it, can't ask for much more. Mine came with the Fatty plate (5mm thivk), so I'd check what plate it comes with if you decide to look at the LRP. Other than the difference between the bashguards I'd say everything else is equal. My LRP is quiet, strong and holds the chain in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
binary visions said:
Seems silly to buy a LRP when you get a thousand times better bashguard and top notch customer support from Evil/E.13 for the same price...
the DRS didn't exist when I bought the LRP...otherwise....

I DO like how damn simple the LRP is, yet seems to do the job anywhere, any drop, chain stays on....

if I were doing it today, the DRS would top my list...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
macrider said:
I should have been more specific, the LRP works great, the bashguard is worthless and was never mounted on my bike (I use a Race Face)

that's one of the reasons I like the E-13 stuff...tough as nails...
hey Macrider; Im looking for a chainguide, I ve already got a race face bashguard on my prodigy cranks with 2 rings, I´d like to keep the bashguard and put a LRP on it...does it work properly with your set up??or is it worth to save more money and buy a e-13 drs??thanks!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
ban said:
hey Macrider; Im looking for a chainguide, I ve already got a race face bashguard on my prodigy cranks with 2 rings, I´d like to keep the bashguard and put a LRP on it...does it work properly with your set up??or is it worth to save more money and buy a e-13 drs??thanks!!!!
yes, it work perfectly with my setup (no ISG mounts, so it's sandwiched between the bb shell and bb flange)

it would work for you just fine, keep in mind that the DRS is about the same cost (so you're not saving $ really) and is perhaps more secure of a system...but both would work...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
macrider said:
yes, it work perfectly with my setup (no ISG mounts, so it's sandwiched between the bb shell and bb flange)

it would work for you just fine, keep in mind that the DRS is about the same cost (so you're not saving $ really) and is perhaps more secure of a system...but both would work...
OK thanks; it´s all about not feeling guilty seeing my old race face bashguard without use... :(
 

·
/dev/null
Joined
·
720 Posts
macrider said:
the DRS didn't exist when I bought the LRP...otherwise....

I DO like how damn simple the LRP is, yet seems to do the job anywhere, any drop, chain stays on....

if I were doing it today, the DRS would top my list...
I wasn't questioning your purchase decision, I was saying that for the benifit of the guy asking which he should get.

Having used both, there's not a tremendous amount to choose between them except A) the bashguard is better on the E.13, B) the E.13 seems slightly more high quality, and C) the E.13 guys are the coolest bunch of people you'll ever meet, and deserve your support. Bring your ride past their tent at any race and they'll check out your guide, make sure everything's working properly.. Good guys!

This is just one of life's little tests. Get Product A, which works fine, or get Product B which also works fine, but is simply a slightly better product for the same price. The E.13 is Product B - don't fail the test...
 

·
Chillin the Most
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
ban said:
hey Macrider; Im looking for a chainguide, I ve already got a race face bashguard on my prodigy cranks with 2 rings, I´d like to keep the bashguard and put a LRP on it...does it work properly with your set up??or is it worth to save more money and buy a e-13 drs??thanks!!!!
Something else to consider since you already have a bashguard, no sense spending money on parts you don't need, is the Heim Guide. Click here for more info Heim Guide I've use one on my XC/FR bike and it rocks. You can get them at Cambriabike


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
red5 said:
Something else to consider since you already have a bashguard, no sense spending money on parts you don't need, is the Heim Guide. Click here for more info Heim Guide I've use one on my XC/FR bike and it rocks. You can get them at Cambriabike


yes, you´re totally right!! maybe that´s better to buy instead of a new bashguard that´s going to be without use....I¨ll check that product, I didn´t know it yet so thank you!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top