Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Road/XC/Freeride
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm going into my local bike store tomorrow to order a chain device / chain guide.

Is the role of the chain device purely to keep the chain on or does it also tension it?

From reviews I've read (and what I've heard) I'm looking at both the e.thirteen srs (everyone seems to adore it) and also the new MRP System 3 (Carbon or Fusion). Has anyone tried out the MRP setup yet?

I'm currently running Race Face Diabolus cranks, will these work with either the e.thirteen or mrp systems?

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Ace1 said:
Hey,

I'm going into my local bike store tomorrow to order a chain device / chain guide.

Is the role of the chain device purely to keep the chain on or does it also tension it?

From reviews I've read (and what I've heard) I'm looking at both the e.thirteen srs (everyone seems to adore it) and also the new MRP System 3 (Carbon or Fusion). Has anyone tried out the MRP setup yet?

I'm currently running Race Face Diabolus cranks, will these work with either the e.thirteen or mrp systems?

Thanks guys and gals.
Evil, never compromise.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
make the right choice and go E.13 you wont be disappointed. i went with the srs guide and im currently running a 40t chainring. it was very easy to install it takes a little to get it dialed in but once you do its very nice. i cant wait to get it on some rockgardens so i can see how well it will hold my chain compared to just a standard bashguard

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,873 Posts
I've got the MRP fusion. It's absolute perfection. I have a demo 9 and the e.13 was going to require modifications to fit (verified by e.13 tech support). MRP fit perfectly, it's silent, strong and has the trademark orange rollers. I like them, some people don't. Also the e.13 is cheaper...I can't speak about the e.13, obviously it's a good product, but I have no experience with one.

I guess I'd say if you have a Demo 9 go with MRP, otherwise it's a matter of personal preference. I'd also recommend the search as this topic has a lot of great discussions already.

·
Road/XC/Freeride
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks.

Yeah, I knew that the MRP vs e.thirteen thing was going to come down to preference and that there's already a lot of discusions about it (especially over the post-christmas spending spree!).

Well then, the other question which isn't just preference is whether my Race Face Diabolus crank arms will fit? Thanks

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
ive had both the e.13 SRS and MRP Fusion, there both great products and equally as good. if i had the cash i would a new MRP Carbon to match the rest of the Carbon on my bike but instead ill be getting the new LG1 for its increased frame compatability yet still low weight...

and yes they will fit your diablous cranks, provided you buy the right model guide.

·
Road/XC/Freeride
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow perfect response thanks ;)

Yeah, the carbon looks absolutely awsome and provided it can take the abuse would be my ultimate choice.

I may consider stretching to afford this... hmm.

One last question. Do chain devices reduce chain slap at all?

Thanks again.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Hell yeah dude, get yourself a chainstay protector and set up the guide right and you have a PERFECT working guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.