Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
It does indeed work with the King BB. I have them on mine (stock BB), but I haven't ridden it yet. They installed easy enough. A bit more complicated than a normal outboard due the adaptability of the cranks. I'll probably have some pics tomorrow. I'm running a double on the front with a bash.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Got 'Em

Devo, look for my thread "King Whirly?" a little further down the page. I love this new crankset, smoooooth and silent. As for the CK external bearings, by all indications they should work- I'm awaiting delivery of a set.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
re facing external bb`s

friends and myself have run external BB`s bearings(shimano & hope) for nearly 3 years,nearly everyone i know here in the uk use`s them now.
weve only had a couple of bearing failures which we reckon is from over tensioning-they only need a very light tightning,instructions for fitting say to have the frame BB shell faced,which most shops should do if you ask if buying a new frame.
,my mate reckons if you run one of the plastic spacers between the frame and BB then the flex in the plastic should more than compansate for any issues of an uneven face from paint ,i think he`s proberly right and its more important to not over tension external BBs,hence why the tensioners are plastic and knurled to be adjusted by hand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.