Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip for two weeks from now...anyone know if the snow has melted, is it rideable? In general, is it wet and sloppy this time of year because of the melt?

Thanks...Hammer Down!

·
Snowjnky McDreamy
2,560 Posts
I was looking forward to a response...

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm guessing maybe this weekend but that's just a guess. Watta Bike should know. Starting at Big Meadow always opens before TRT Armstrong to Toads.

·
NedwannaB
12,784 Posts
How about this weekend?

Even if the snow is gone you might want to wait it out a little bit. Lots and lots of down trees as of mid-January.
What goods are good to go? Probably coming up thru South shore Saturday to ride there first, stay over then head somewhere North to ride in morning. Don't have to pick up daughter in Incline until Sunday late afternoon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forest Service crews cut out all the trees on Toads last week, so it should be clear in that sense. Not sure about snow conditions - there were still several drifts in shady spot up high last week. The Rim Trail from Big Meadow/Grass Lake is clear to the top of Toads with just a couple of small snow patches.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forest Service crews cut out all the trees on Toads last week, so it should be clear in that sense. Not sure about snow conditions - there were still several drifts in shady spot up high last week. The Rim Trail from Big Meadow/Grass Lake is clear to the top of Toads with just a couple of small snow patches.
Thanks for the info! I also spoke with a guide in the Tahoe area and he was going to ride Toads this weekend with an update for me next week. He also mentioned that trail conditions (particularly on the North Tahoe side) have been phenomenal...due to the relative lack of snow this past winter, so he expected Toads to be equally awesome.

·
NedwannaB
12,784 Posts
Sunday Toads run?

Tahoe trail conditions are great right now. Toads is riding, although not perfect yet. We have a trail day on June 9th to get it ready for the season, free lunch, beer and bbq to anyone who helps out!

Also, here's an updated list of trail conditions:
Tahoe Trail Conditions - Updated 5/29/2012 |
Intermediate/advanced rider wanting to do a non shuttle loop ride from Oneidas lot area tomorrow (Sunday). Maybe up dirt on Corral/Sidewinder/Connector instead of pavement.

Anyone thinking on doing same?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts