Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving from Ohio to VA in the very near future. I will be moving to the Harrisonburg area and want to know what XC trails are around. Like a 2 hour drive is always doable. What do you recommend?

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
lucky, lucky you...

You won't have to drive 2 hours to find great singletrack in Harrisonburg area. 2 minutes is probably more like it. Or just ride from town. The George Washington National Forest is just littered with tight, technical and steep singletrack. Plus, Douthat State Park is just down the road near Warm Springs. You're gonna think you died and went to heaven. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I hate you...

PRizzle said:
I am moving from Ohio to VA in the very near future. I will be moving to the Harrisonburg area and want to know what XC trails are around. Like a 2 hour drive is always doable. What do you recommend?
Hone Quarry, Reddish Knob, Rawley Springs, Todd Lake, Massanutten Mtn, Camp Roosevelt, Elizabeth Furnace, North River.

Literally Littered with trail.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/flash_file/forestry.swf

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm moving from Columbus. It's not a sure thing yet but I get to come visit and want to ride as much as I can. They opened up a new 8 mile out and back at the Mohican State Park just a few weeks ago and it is sweet! Mostly a gradual up hill out and a fast gradual downhill on the way back with a downed tree, rock garden or small stunt thrown in for good measure. I am going to miss Vultures, Lake Hope and Ceasers Creek, but I hope to find great biking in VA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.