Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey West Virginia people, I'm moving to the Fayetteville area in April and am looking for the low down. As someone who's on my bike 5-7 days a week where should I be looking to live? I'm coming from Vail, CO where I love riding right out my backdoor. I've heard there's good trails near Fayetteville, but can I ride them from my door if I live in town?

Plus, I'd love to meet some new riding buddies!

·
Registered
432 Posts
You can get to the Arrowhead trails from town via the local park (not sure about the park name since I'm not a local and only ridden it once). I'm sure the local shops can point you in the right direction though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah I was going to post and say that too but I'm not from there and don't know the names either lol. The Arrowhead trails are very flowy and fast but not very technical or much climbing. The trails in the park are more technical and have some decent climbs/decents. If you do a google maps search for Fayetteville wv kaymoor you can zoom in and scroll around and see all the trails, they are shown on the map.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
There's a great shop down in town that should be able to help you out with trails. There's another great shop in Bluefield called The True Wheel. I'm sure you can get info on riding down there area too. Not sure about shops in Beckley, I'm sure there is a shop or two but I've never been there. BTW, Fayetteville is an awesome little town. I love it there. As soon as you get the chance, head over to Chetty's Pub for some of the best wings and Smokey's on the Gorge for the best food in general that I've personally ever had. There's a great crowd that hangs out there.

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Fayetteville is an awesome town with some great trails.
You should be able to hit the trails from your doorstep.
Checkout New River Bike and Marathon Bikes.
Both great bike shops.

You can also drive about 1.5 hours to Slatyfork and Tea Creek for some amazing riding as well. The trail are pretty technical with lots of rocks and roots.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Does anyone know if Pies and Pints is still open in F'ville? Haven't been there since '08, but it may have been the second best pizza in the Mountain State. Of course, if you know me, you know my top pick will always be Sirianni's in Davis.

Great. Now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
It was there last April when I was there. Best food I've ever had in my life (other than mom's) was at Smokey's on the Gorge. Just outside town on the other side of the bridge.

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Does anyone know if Pies and Pints is still open in F'ville? Haven't been there since '08, but it may have been the second best pizza in the Mountain State. Of course, if you know me, you know my top pick will always be Sirianni's in Davis.

Great. Now I'm hungry.
Yep it's still there. Just ate there recently. They also have a location in downtown Charleston now.
There is a new sandwich shop as well. Secret Sandwich Society. Some of the best sandwiches I've ever ate. Great locally sourced food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts