Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to Santa Fe later this summer from Colorado. I'm very exited about the move and i've been surfing this forum quite a bit. I guess I'd like to know that is tons of riding around the area as mountain biking is a huge part of my life. Also during my short visit there I felt it wasn't a very bike friendly town and would really to commute to work n my bike. Anybody out there who survives the drivers?
I'll be there May 24, 25, 26, 27 . If anybody is up for riding and showing me around would love it.
Thanks alot,
See you on the trails!

·
Banned
340 Posts
smokette said:
I'm moving to Santa Fe later this summer from Colorado. I'm very exited about the move and i've been surfing this forum quite a bit. I guess I'd like to know that is tons of riding around the area as mountain biking is a huge part of my life. Also during my short visit there I felt it wasn't a very bike friendly town and would really to commute to work n my bike. Anybody out there who survives the drivers?
I'll be there May 24, 25, 26, 27 . If anybody is up for riding and showing me around would love it.
Thanks alot,
See you on the trails!
Yes, there is a lot of riding in Santa Fe and a short drive from here. I'm sure that a local or two will show you around.

Re: bicycle commuting. I'd say that as long as you stay away from Cerrillos Rd. and St. Francis that biking in Santa Fe is okay. Some drivers are aggressive and hostile, but I believe that they are a small minority. I have commuted in Santa Fe as does Glenzx and a few other MTBR regulars and we're still alive. :D

FWIW,
Dr.F.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Hopefully you had didn't have a local to show you around previously, as it's bike friendly in that most things are close together - but indeed the drivers merit special caution. I just led out a nice ride with 4 Austin TX folks and a few NM locals and we rode from my house to the trails and then back. Fun! There are sure to be at least a few of us around to give you the lowdown when you are here - which in fact will be an exellent time to be here, though the highest trails will still be snowy or wet....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.