Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
So I'm certain I know the crew of guys you biked with yesterday. Tom, Todd, Joe, Mark, Kevin. I almost went with them but went on a different local ride myself. Glad you enjoyed it. That signal knob uphill is a grind but the Makena peak crossover and a Bear Wallow down hill more than make up for it. Look me up if you get out here again. I'll assume you are now on the local email, text lists.

Jim

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yup! That was the group. They were really cool guys. I just met all of them at the ride. I forgot to ask about getting in on the communications, but was thinking about that on the way home. I’ll shoot ya a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for campsites around that area?
Elizabeth Furnace Campground if you want showers/toilets/running water.

Camp Roosevelt at the south end of the valley has running water and bathrooms, more primitive than EF.

Since it is Nat. Forest, you can camp anywhere that is not posted for free. Across from EF campground at the pull end of Mudhole Gap you can primitive car camp. Same with the other end of Mudhole, several sites along the forest road.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Late to the party...
Chrisman Hollow Rd (south of Fort Valley) has primitive sites. It's south of Camp Roosevelt (which is currently closed with no announced re-opening).

And there's a site on the north end of Peters Run ATV trail.

As noted, you can camp anywhere that's not posted otherwise. There are a few streams, and piped springs at Edinburg Gap.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts