Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been offered a job in London so it looks like we'll be moving soon. Can anybody give me recommendations on where to ride in England? I hear Wales has some awesome trails.

·
Registered
293 Posts
All depends on how far your willing to travel. Theres lots on offer fairly close to London, with the South Downs, Epping Forest and Surrey Hills.
Try this lot for more local info. www.redlandstrails.org I'm on the other side England from London. This has its good points. Like being closer to Wales. If you want to travel further afield, then Wales has miles of purpose built trails as does Scotland, but also consider the more natrual trails of the national parks and many bridleways. Lots to be had and some truely gorgeous scenery within a few hours drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link and the info. Not sure exactly when we'll be moving over, but we'll be living there for 18 months, so I'll ride Wales at some point.

Cheers!

·
Registered
455 Posts
North London here ss_boo:

Epping Forest is my local area, and pretty good for tight rooty singletrack. Start from High Beach and work your way down towards Chingford plains, or the other way towards Theydon & Epping. Can get pretty crowded on a fine weekend though. If you're further south, like the man vonsta says, Penshurst is a lot of fun for a DH-oriented day out.
Also, Aston Hill is a short drive round the M25 near Tring in the Chilterns, for short but technical DH and 4X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.