Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ninja Please
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anywhere to ride down there? I'm into mountain biking and I do alot of urban riding such as jumping stairs, skate/bike parks and just ridin around and looking for something creative to jump or ride off of. I'll be moving around feb or march. And also what is the crime like there? Where I'm at now I can ride a bike all over town and not worry about getting shot for my bike or anything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
154 Posts
jamie said:
I was wondering if there is anywhere to ride down there? I'm into mountain biking and I do alot of urban riding such as jumping stairs, skate/bike parks and just ridin around and looking for something creative to jump or ride off of. I'll be moving around feb or march. And also what is the crime like there? Where I'm at now I can ride a bike all over town and not worry about getting shot for my bike or anything.

Thanks in advance!
I live in Deltona, have lived there for 29 years. Crime is the usual not too high, but stuff does happen.

Riding is kinda cool cause you have all the kick ass MTB parks within 2 hours including Santos which is shredalicious. Deltona also has a nice skatepark.
There is also my own private created ride calle the Naked indian ride, but thats more for xc and endurance types.
Hit me up if you need anything. It is literally my hood!

·
Ninja Please
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw the Alafia video it looks pretty cool.

naked Indian I'll make sure to message you on here when I get settled in and maybe you can show me around or know someone that can. It's looking like summer before I move now I'm waiting on a huge settlement and the wife and I have been wanting to move somewhere warm so no better time than then to move. Are the cops strict there as far as riding on things around town? I'm not allowed to ride on sidewalks here but I do anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
jamie said:
Yeah I saw the Alafia video it looks pretty cool.

naked Indian I'll make sure to message you on here when I get settled in and maybe you can show me around or know someone that can. It's looking like summer before I move now I'm waiting on a huge settlement and the wife and I have been wanting to move somewhere warm so no better time than then to move. Are the cops strict there as far as riding on things around town? I'm not allowed to ride on sidewalks here but I do anyway.
Im big on sidewalk riding.

As for urban assaulting the area, not much in Deltona going on, but I can point you in the right direction. Downtown ORlando is 30 min or less away, Downtown Deland is 15 min or less away and all offer some good Urban riding.

I can also introduce you to Local Like minded folks who ride the particular style you ride.
Now if you want to go shred singletrack, I will show you anything you want, for sure hit me up, I love to share what I know!

·
Registered
23 Posts
chuck Lennon park Deleon springs is pretty cool place 21/2 miles but intense give me a call I live in Riverview but go over to Deland once or twice a month might be planning trip to Santos every other month 727-415-9233

·
Registered
78 Posts
jamie said:

Thanks in advance!
Check out letsridemountainbikes.com Local ride group, we have two regular urban rides during the week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we also hit up the big parks around the state and plan at least one trip out of state during the year. Great group with a good mix of expert to beginners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.