Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ello all,

I am moving to Bend just after July and am looking forward to exploring some new trails I hear great things about Bend.

What is the poison Ivy/oak situation like on the trails. Here is CA we have a ton of it and I unfortunately and very susceptable to getting it.

Almost always come home with some when we hit the single tracks.

Heres to hoping the situation is better up north.

thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
in Bend, you will avoid a lot of things you couldn't avoid in California. Thats why half of the people in Bend are here...

·
Registered
171 Posts
The mosquitos I have found are the worse thing in Bend in middle of summer. They seem to eat you alive no matter how much Off you wear. Maybe that was a bad year? Anyways, go early in the morning or something. They don't seem to be a problem in the city, just in the mountains and by the river.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
The mosquitos I have found are the worse thing in Bend in middle of summer. They seem to eat you alive no matter how much Off you wear. Maybe that was a bad year? Anyways, go early in the morning or something. They don't seem to be a problem in the city, just in the mountains and by the river.
In town the mosquitoes aren't bad. Just near water, and just for a limited time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mosquitoes I can deal with...

So it is official the wife and I are moving to bend sometime near the end of august.

Looking forward to finally getting out of Los Angeles have heard so many positive things about OR cant wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts